eBay Content: Where There’s Wear?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

http://r.ebay.com/Cp4O9Q

Wear pattern-wise, it may look a wee bit *too* predictable - or is it just me?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Do you mean 'does it look fake'?

Yes it does.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Apart from the buckle rash, I can't see how wear like that could happen anyway.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    ICBM said:
    Do you mean 'does it look fake'?

Yes it does.
    Indeed. 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    So, is the headstock break "smile" real or has the relic treatment been taken to absurd extremes?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    The "wear" on the back of the neck suggests it might have been owned by an Australian international cricketer.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Looks like LTD factory got hold of it.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    Fake wear or real wear, it's a bloody horrible colour.  And what the hell happened to the front of the headstock?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    Garthy said:
    Apart from the buckle rash, I can't see how wear like that could happen anyway.
    I can’t see how the “buckle rash” could happen either, unless the owner was wearing a small hammer as a belt buckle and was in the habit of bashing the guitar against himself...

Philly_Q said:

And what the hell happened to the front of the headstock?
    That’s one of the very few possibly genuine bits - the finish has separated from the head facing. They sometimes go like that - it possibly happened when the headstock got broken, which I don’t doubt is real.

The other interesting thing is that he claims the case is “equally worn and frayed“... no it isn’t. It looks almost new - they get tatty quite quickly if they’re actually gigged.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Philly_Q said:
    Fake wear or real wear, it's a bloody horrible colour.  And what the hell happened to the front of the headstock?
    As ICBM says, that actually does look genuine and is not usually one of the things fakers do in my limited experience. At £750 it's worth a look in case it really does play nice, otherwise it's going to be hard to shift down the line I suspect.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    I’ve seen headstocks like that numerous times, although (as already pointed out), the other wear does look iffy.

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Jack_ said:
    Looks like LTD factory got hold of it.
    Uncanny, I thought the same. The LTD Eclipse relics that all look exactly alike with the bizarre wear patches round the knobs.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    Yeah, I didn't think the headstock was a result of fake ageing, it just looks awful.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    At least the case looks nice.