Boult guitars

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
Anyone have any experience with them?

Been offered one as part of a trade, looks nice specs seem good, but never heard of them. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
    Honestly, they look like cheap-ish chinese things made to the company's specs but nothing special. I would assume a resale value of approximately fuck all.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Surely the Usain Signature model’s worth a few quid?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Surely the Usain Signature model’s worth a few quid?
    I'm not proud of how long it took me to get that. 

Was actually browsing the artists section when i had the "Ohhhhhhhh" moment... Have a lol :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Stickyfiddle has called it. I wasnt impressed with what I saw... 
    Yeah, i turned it down in the end. 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I've seen these around - some local bands have endorsement deals with them. They seem to offer (very) low price guitars with parts that seem worth more than the guitar itself (on closer inspection, these are unbranded Floyds etc so probably terrible). Would definitely agree with @stickyfiddle 's comment. Having said that, I know someone who has one and seems to like it...he knows his stuff so it can't be too awful. Recent FB post seems to suggest that some of their newer stuff is fitted with high-spec (genuine) upgrades, and some of them are pricier mid-range guitars with BK pickups, proper Floyds etc., so who knows. 
    Looking at the website, it seemed to be almost a custom shop, they get a shell of a guitar from china, then they upgrade to your spec and finish with a good setup. I

On browsing the internet it seemed lots of people liked them, but they had all gone for their perfect setup. I suppose a good luthier who knows what they are doing can make even a shitty plank feel pretty good.