Fender S1 Switch source?

thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
Does anyone have a reliable source for the S1 Switch?

Seems so difficult to find; I do have one already but everywhere I find seems sold out.

I wonder if it's no longer manufactured?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3443
    Is it solid or split?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • I might have one in the parts drawer? 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    robgilmo said:
    Is it solid or split?
    It's split I'll be looking for (Strat).

I might have one in the parts drawer? 
    Appreciate the offer but I'm more hoping there's a source where I could potentially buy them in the future.

I've emailed Fender asking if they've been discontinued cause, if not, it's weird how hard they are to find.

I guess Fender must have a patent on them since no other companies do anything similar and it's such a good concept.
    https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/parts-c4/electronics-c698/potentiometers-c109/fender-250k-s1-switch-pot-assembly-p5302

I'm after a solid shaft type, looks like I might have to try and modify a split shaft type , I cannot find a solid shaft anywhere except America.
    robgilmo said:
    https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/parts-c4/electronics-c698/potentiometers-c109/fender-250k-s1-switch-pot-assembly-p5302

I'm after a solid shaft type, looks like I might have to try and modify a split shaft type , I cannot find a solid shaft anywhere except America.
    Cheers man, that is actually where I got mine but it's currently out of stock (which seems to be the case most of the time).

They do actually have a solid shaft version listed too but that's also out of stock.

BTW, I've used split shaft pots with screw-on knobs before and they worked fine (particularly if you line it up so the screw goes into the split) but dunno whether the S1 style knob would work with that.
    I might have to give that a try, although It seems it might be a lot easier to switch to a standard Tele pot and just not have S1 switching.
    Over the past couple of weeks (which is really just a few hours of spare time as I have a 3-month old lol) I've been trying out different types of switches to see what I liked.

They were all manageable, currently just got a couple of normal mini-switches on there and they work fine but look the least cool. Tried a push-push which looked a bit better but doesn't feel the best quality and can only find a DPDT max. But the S1 is so cool with the sleek button hiding on the inside of the knob, it's unquestionably the coolest looking one and is 4PDT.

I did think about the option of limiting myself to 5 options and not having extra switches but I just couldn't live without coil splits or the neck+bridge option (or without the middle-only, neck+middle or bridge+middle).

What does the switch do on your Tele? I'd imagine if it's a SS Tele any added function could be lived without?