Saucerful of Secrets Tour: Nick Mason, Guy and Lee Harris.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Lee_HarrisLee_Harris Frets: 11
    edited April 2018
    Please don't ask me stuff that I will get in trouble answering. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    Sorry, but we can't have real actual guitarists just swanning in here and talking about real actual guitar things... I thought this forum was a safe space for bedroom player/losers?!?!?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    CloudNine said:
    Sorry, but we can't have real actual guitarists just swanning in here and talking about real actual guitar things... I thought this forum was a safe space for bedroom player/losers?!?!?

Technically he’s in a covers band so those in proper bands can still be condescending toward him ;-)

(Seriously looks like these gigs will be great). 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    CloudNine said:

What do you think I am when I haven't got a gig?  =)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
    Can someone get him banned please. We simply can't have people here who actually know what they are doing.

This will not do
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I love early era Floyd. Immediately evocative of a time and a place I wasn’t a part of (I wasn’t born!). One of the main reasons I own a Danelectro is so I can channel a bit of Syd. As a nascent player me and my 3 friends used to jam Intersteller Overdrive for an hour at a time. Which I’m sure wasn’t for public consumption! As a film student at film school I edited a piece I’d shot to A Saucerful Of Secrets. Should be great gigs and I wish Lee and Nick and everyone else involved all the best for getting this great music out into the live world again. :)
  • Can someone get him banned please. We simply can't have people here who actually know what they are doing.

This will not do
    I know what I'm doing?!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1207
    edited April 2018
    Are there likely to be more dates beyond these in May that are all sold out @Lee_Harris? I would have loved this but the first I heard about it was this thread.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely maybe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    What a wholly useless website
    Actually I thought that the initial splash screen was rather lovely. In terms of 'useless' I would say that it is entirely the opposite as it has served its purpose.
    Gary Kemp? What's he doing in the band, singing? Seems like a strange choice, is he a long time fan or something??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    axisus said:
    Gary Kemp? What's he doing in the band, singing? Seems like a strange choice, is he a long time fan or something??

I know he's a huge Bowie and Mick Ronson fan so imaging he likes early Floyd doesnt seem a massive stretch.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited April 2018
    Gary is a Floydhead. He has everything on vinyl/cd and first saw them at Wembley in '74.
    An underrated guitarist with a natural intuition for melody who also turns up the distortion and rocks out. We have spent a lot of time together working out our parts and it has been fun.
    Looking forward to playing live.
    Cheers.
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Where do tickets for other gigs get announced ?
    I saw PF in Bristol in 1974 - can I stand in ?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Gassage said:
    impmann said:
    Please tell me it will all be Binson, Selmer and Fuzzface... not off-stage PODs and IEMs.
    Pretty much. Kemp is using a 1974 Hiwatt SA212 sold to him by @tomb11112 of this parish.

Kemp using his Cornish rig.
    You’d expect him to have a Kemper, wouldn’t you?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Gassage said:
    impmann said:
    Please tell me it will all be Binson, Selmer and Fuzzface... not off-stage PODs and IEMs.
    Pretty much. Kemp is using a 1974 Hiwatt SA212 sold to him by @tomb11112 of this parish.

Kemp using his Cornish rig.
    You’d expect him to have a Kemper, wouldn’t you?
    Yes. He first tried using an Axe-FX, but everybody turned to him and went “Careful with that Axe-FX”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gary is a Floydhead. He has everything on vinyl/cd and first saw them at Wembley in '74.
    An underrated guitarist with a natural intuition for melody who also turns up the distortion and rocks out. We have spent a lot of time together working out our parts and it has been fun.
    Looking forward to playing live.
    Cheers.
    Such a shame that more people can't get along to it. I was never massively into the early Floyd material, but I'm very intrigued indeed about this, it would have been cool to go along.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    I love early Floyd and was gutted these tickets flew off the shelves so quickly....lets hope there`s more to come