• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Wow - I love that last one, like an exhibit from Logie-Baird's living room

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Nice to see my old GT1 again Paul, y'know? I still miss that one a bit. 8->
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2013
    Beautiful Rob. I thought you'd like to see your old GT1 again...my house foundations are just beginning to re-settle after my skirmishes with that particular behemoth...Got any old pictures of the C7 rig you had? I know we both share a love of that particular model. That Vibrolux is a new one on me, what's the script on that?  @-)
  • JookyChap said:
    Wow - I love that last one, like an exhibit from Logie-Baird's living room

Here it is lit up....

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    The C7 that Andy Turnpenny built, much to Jeff's disgust.

The Vibrolux came from the first year of the "Custom" run which explains the Tolex and Grill Cloth. Lovely Amp, yet another that I regret letting go, but it financed the GT1 Rig in part.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10271
    tFB Trader
    Sadly not my actual JTM45 ... that a 1965 one ... till I sold it in a fit of stupidity. I don't have any pics of that ... but lordy I miss it!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Current main amp is a Marshall DSL combo.

Prior to this I had a Marshall AVT combo, which is now with a close friend.

I also have a Marshall Valvestate, in case anyone calls round for a jam, or I fancy a change.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72263
    edited August 2013
    Mesa Trem-o-verb

I seriously doubt I'll ever find an amp I like better - it has the sound I always wanted from when I started playing, long before the model even existed. Then I held off getting one for a long time because they were so expensive and so heavy... but when I finally did - after they'd come down in price to ridiculously cheap, because no-one wants to lift one - I found the weight wasn't really all that bad after all, and in any case is worth it for the sound. So good I now have two :).

Before that I had a Mesa DC-5 for several years. It was a good amp, and extremely versatile, but eventually I went off its rather dark and focused sound. I also had a Blue Angel, which sounded fabulous - probably even better than the Trem-o-verb for cleans - but it just wasn't versatile enough, and it wasn't amazingly pedal-friendly for some reason.

Before that...

Fender Super Champs (x2) - a nice little stereo rig for when I played very different music.

Marshall Club & Country - a quite rare and very underrated amp, it's like a Marshall Fender Twin.

I've had loads of other amps, but I think those were my favourites overall.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    edited August 2013
    To date:

FAL PA amp
    Peavey Backstage Plus
    Marshall Valvestate 8080
    Mesa Nomad45

Now ...
    Fender PRRI
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier *  + 2 Boogie 1x12s
    Dr Z Maz 18R + 2x10
    Fender Blues Junior
    Mesa Subway Rocket

* Main squeeze
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16661
    edited August 2013
    i will add my matamp too

I also had one of these i got for £40 that was very sweet and my introduction to mullards

• FezFez Frets: 522
    I did have a nice 80's re-issue AC30 which I sold and bought a JCM900 50watt combo which I still have.
    I also love my little Fender ChampII as seen at the Southern area gearfest even though it suffers from the Fender volume pot problem.

Main gigging amp is a Marshall DSL401 & the backup is a Blackstar HT20 Head.

Do I regret selling the AC30 well yes & no it was feckin eavy.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2025
    I'm so jealous that I'm going to sulk and refuse to list my paltry home amps over the years. So there. :-S
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660

I've been lucky enough to own 3 Matchless of which a HC30 head was just glorious. Currently have a wonderful DC30 which will soon be put up for sale for financial reasons and I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an 50 watt Marshall JCM 800 head that I can't wait to get.

Other amps worth a mention was a Mesa Boogie Studio 22+ which possibly had the best cleans of any amp I've played or owned. I currently use a Cornell Romany Plus at home which is also very nice.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I've owned this since I bought it new in 1987?    It really a 1x12 combo in disguise courtesy of roadkill cabs.
    It still doesn't get gigged like I had planned when I converted as the fender twin is still doing it's job but I'll never part with it.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/null_zps27d914dd.jpg
    http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/null_zpsb002756b.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 960
    Had LOTS of amps!

Currently loving my Artisan 30.

The only amp that I really wish I still had was my Fender VibroKing. The sound was just seriously amazing - the only problem was it was just too loud for any venue that I played. Below 4 it sounded OK, At 4 and above it became awesome. I was playing in 2 bands at the time. 1 a pub band and 4 was way too loud, the second was a tribute act that played in much bigger venues, the problem there was that they all had house PA's and engineers - all who insisted on a whisper quiet stage volume so sadly the beast never got to do what it did best. 

I swapped it for for a mkiii boogie which I never liked and sold for a pittance a few years later as they were fetching much less than they do now. Not my greatest business transaction :( but still happy memories of that sound.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72263
    edited August 2013
    There's a Vibro King in the shop just now. I completely agree - it sounds good, but only 'OK good' at the volumes I've played it at. I bet it sounds great wound up - I played a Tone Master which was like that, good cleans and very average overdrive at below 4 on the MV, great cleans and incredible overdrive above... but at jet-engine volume. I thought it was less of a 'dirty channel', more of a 'boost channel when it's already cranked' - if you see what I mean! The owner's neighbours did :).

I never liked the MkIII Boogie either. I could never get a sound I really loved on any channel, and hated the way it was so interactive that you couldn't even get two really decent tones at the same time, let alone the claimed three. R2 was awful at any setting which gave anything usable on the other two.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Various Marshalls: Bloozebreaker, JTM45s, SuperLead 100 love 'em all still got 'em
    Plus AC30CC2X

A mate has one of those Velocette combos (why does that make me think of single cylinder 500cc OHV engines) and methinketh I'd really like one.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435