Bad experience on eBay with kpmg-jd-pennington - Buyer beware!

What's Hot

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Simon_M said:
    I still haven't left feedback. Obviously it would be negative but I can't really be arsed with the email-agro I'm certain to receive from him once I leave feedback. Oh and of course the negative he will leave me on my otherwise 100% positive since 2011 (I'm a little proud of that. Haha!)
    I think you can put him on your ignore list.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    This bedroom seller would not stop hassling me about a Les Paul I had listed a few weeks ago - kept on sending barely literate messages and came across as generally sketchy - glad I passed on dealing with him now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1161
    Over the years, I have bought 2 excellent guitars of ebay, but this sort of story really puts me off. 
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    Just as a side note, when I click the link to ebay, to the relisted guitar I'm getting a blocked page due to malware issued by my anti malware software so just be careful.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    We need to share this everywhere.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Interesting userid. I wonder if any link to Justin Harrison who sells under the id "london vintage guitars"?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    If every unhappy buyer fixes it up a little, soon he'll have a great guitar!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Another dodgy trader not registered as a business seller, thereby depriving buyers of their statutory rights.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • am i the only one who feels seller has been treated a bit harshly here. the guitar is described as good condition . I would not be expecting to receive a pristine guitar in such circumstances. I was expecting the seller to be some rouge dealer. unless the feedback is a scam then other buyers have been happy. his after service behaviour is not on though
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    am i the only one who feels seller has been treated a bit harshly here. the guitar is described as good condition . I would not be expecting to receive a pristine guitar in such circumstances. I was expecting the seller to be some rouge dealer. unless the feedback is a scam then other buyers have been happy. his after service behaviour is not on though

That seller ID (and their other associated accounts) has cropped up on here numerous times in relation to shoddy practices or poor attitude, so I don't think it's a witch hunt?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    am i the only one who feels seller has been treated a bit harshly here. the guitar is described as good condition . I would not be expecting to receive a pristine guitar in such circumstances. I was expecting the seller to be some rouge dealer. unless the feedback is a scam then other buyers have been happy. his after service behaviour is not on though
    Eh? He lied about the condition of the guitar when asked specific questions, and then lied and threatened police involvement when it was sent back. Totally dodgy and I'm glad of threads like this so we can avoid these kind of unscrupulous sellers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    am i the only one who feels seller has been treated a bit harshly here. the guitar is described as good condition . I would not be expecting to receive a pristine guitar in such circumstances. I was expecting the seller to be some rouge dealer. 
    A rouge dealer would have made the guitar look prettier  :)
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    It's the seller! He's here! Get him, guys!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • burn him - i did say his after sales patter could do with a polish
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited April 2018
    The guitar was indeed described as "good" condition.

Doesn't sound like the OP received a guitar in "good" condition to me.

It also says "perfect working order"... doesn't sound like it to me.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1705
    The lesson here is to always see/try before you buy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
    Thanks for taking the time to post this OP. I've literally just been contacted by this guy several times regarding a listing I've got live now for an LP. Doesn't seem to take no for an answer and keeps making daft low offers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26460
    Indeed. I've never bought a guitar online that I haven't tried first...well, except for a couple on here, but then I've got their email and IP addresses anyway, and can probably find out where they live ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Not really, seeing as eBay will always side with the buyer, so if you're not happy with it you can just send it back, the seller even pays the postage, so other than a little bit of time and hassle, you're not out of pocket.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Interesting userid. I wonder if any link to Justin Harrison who sells under the id "london vintage guitars"?
    I won't put the seller's real name out there (although I'm quite happy for mine to be) but needless to say it ISN'T Justin Harrison. It is something quite typically Spanish.