Bad experience on eBay with kpmg-jd-pennington - Buyer beware!

What's Hot

Comments

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    So that story continues...

I left him some negative feedback. I feel I got the point across in the maximum 80 characters. Then at lunch time today I got this little gem of an email:

"?????? 
    you returned the GUITAR in peaces !

second ,I am reporting to paypal missing screws , the tremolo is LOSE ? 

guitar is in peaces !"

Now, I am a fairly internet-shopping savvy chap so I took lots of photos of the guitar before I returned it. The above email is a complete fabrication by a man who has clearly got a few screws missing of his own.

It really wouldn't be eBay if you didn't buy something from a lunatic once in a while.
    5reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Simon_M said:

I won't put the seller's real name out there (although I'm quite happy for mine to be) but needless to say it ISN'T Justin Harrison. It is something quite typically Spanish.
    Don Quixote?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Simon_M said:
    So that story continues...

I left him some negative feedback. I feel I got the point across in the maximum 80 characters. Then at lunch time today I got this little gem of an email:

"?????? 
    you returned the GUITAR in peaces !

second ,I am reporting to paypal missing screws , the tremolo is LOSE ? 

guitar is in peaces !"

Now, I am a fairly internet-shopping savvy chap so I took lots of photos of the guitar before I returned it. The above email is a complete fabrication by a man who has clearly got a few screws missing of his own.

It really wouldn't be eBay if you didn't buy something from a lunatic once in a while.

Sounds a total nutter mate. I’d stay well clear. Don’t bite and reply, just ignore him. PayPal won’t do jack all. 

as someone who sells on eBay - they always favour the buyer and sometimes, it’s unfair on the seller - on this occasion though....FairPlay eBay. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Well I bought this amp and it turned up in good time, well packaged and without a scratch on it,

https://i.imgur.com/3wvzdiI.png

Just need to work out where I'm supposed to plug my guitar in now...
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    EDIT: I am a complete fool and don't know how to drive my internet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593
    rawk100 said:
    Well I bought this amp and it turned up in good time, well packaged and without a scratch on it,

https://i.imgur.com/3wvzdiI.png

Just need to work out where I'm supposed to plug my guitar in now...
    Once you do, you’ll be cooking on gas.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    @Simon_M - looks like EBay have removed your neg comments.  He must have asked for it to be removed.

I wouldn’t bother trying to get it reinstated- this happened to me once and I just hit a brick wall with EBay customer services, very frustrating, particularly as I had been careful with my wording to not be in breach of their feedback rules.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    mort said:
    @Simon_M - looks like EBay have removed your neg comments.  He must have asked for it to be removed.
    That's not good. It defeats the point of the feedback system.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    mort said:

I wouldn’t bother trying to get it reinstated- this happened to me once and I just hit a brick wall with EBay customer services, very frustrating, particularly as I had been careful with my wording to not be in breach of their feedback rules.
    So they have. Ah well. I won't be bothering to try to get it back, not worth the effort. I think this thread will stand as a reminder for a while.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    having read your feedback earlier I can’t believe they’ve removed it....you said nothing untoward or broke any rules. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Simon_M said:
    I still haven't left feedback. Obviously it would be negative but I can't really be arsed with the email-agro I'm certain to receive from him once I leave feedback. Oh and of course the negative he will leave me on my otherwise 100% positive since 2011 (I'm a little proud of that. Haha!)
    As the seller he can't leave you negative feedback - so have at it! :)
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    "London Shop" , ah well, that's alright then.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    having read your feedback earlier I can’t believe they’ve removed it....you said nothing untoward or broke any rules. 
    Yeah I was pretty honest about it. I don't really understand the reasoning either. If you email eBay customer services you usually get a reply around midnight suggesting those replying are not in our time zone and it can be a bit challenging having a decent dialogue. However, they are helpful and did a great job resolving this issue for me.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

I won't put the seller's real name out there (although I'm quite happy for mine to be) but needless to say it ISN'T Justin Harrison. It is something quite typically Spanish.
    Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    Dan_Halen said:
    Thanks for taking the time to post this OP. I've literally just been contacted by this guy several times regarding a listing I've got live now for an LP. Doesn't seem to take no for an answer and keeps making daft low offers.
    You're very welcome, I'm pleased I could help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    Juan Kerr?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    Juan Kerr?
    If he’s a musician, Juan Two maybe?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Essentially, the worst kind of bedroom seller. :(
    Somebody should NOT hire the non-existent Russian Secret Service to NOT smear Novichok on his bedroom door handle. Not! 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    mbe said:
    ICBM said:
    Simon_M said:

Don Quixote?

El Cid?
    Juan Kerr?
    If he’s a musician, Juan Two maybe?  :)
    My friend has a roadie from Poland. He also has a Czech one too...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    So let's just put this up for posterity:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vintagepluslondonguitars

^ The above seller is to be avoided for consistent misrepresentation, lying and fabrication.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom