Recommend Me a Hard Case Please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Yep Hiscox all the way. I've had a Hiscox case for my Tele/Strat for 16 years and its still in fine condition (except for all the awful stickers I stuck to it when I was younger).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting... according to Google Maps, a trip from London to Liverpool is eight miles longer if done via Hiscox! That's tempting.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Hiscox. Only look at something else if there's no way your guitar will fit in a Hiscox case.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    I have 3 hiscox cases, two of which are partly held together by gaffer tape..

I have had SKB cases none of which have ever required gaffer tape.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    thomasw88 said:
    I have 3 hiscox cases, two of which are partly held together by gaffer tape..

I have had SKB cases none of which have ever required gaffer tape.
    Because you just binned them when they got cracked?

:)

Try jumping on one and see if it's as strong as a Hiscox...

Cracked SKB cases are quite common, and even if they don't crack, the flat faces are far too flexible to properly protect the guitar, especially an acoustic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1460
    Hiscox. I have 5, including three of the Artist ones, which are fantastic.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Hiscox...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• thingthing Frets: 469
    Had my acoustic in a Hiscox for 30 years. Still as good as new. I might add that I take it out of he case as well...
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    The price increases on the Mono stuff since they changed distributor make them very hard to justify (although I love my Vertigo for an electric)

Hiscox really are fab. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    TimmyO said:
    The price increases on the Mono stuff since they changed distributor make them very hard to justify (although I love my Vertigo for an electric)

Hiscox really are fab. 
    This is true - Mono are very expensive now, especially when a Hiscox is only a ton or so.
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    Well, today I managed to pick up a used Liteflite Standard from ebay and it is in superb condition. I've no idea how to date them, but the interior is pristine and the exterior has almost no signs of wear. After it got a wipe down, it looks practically new. It's a little too large for my OOO but after a quick email to Hiscox asking if I could buy some spacer pads, they graciously have sent me some in the post for nothing. Can't say fairer than that.