A relatively recent discovery for me:

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
He's been around for a couple of years but I only recently became aware of him - Jared James Nichols.

What a fucking monster of a player he is. Like the bastard child of Leslie West, Zakk Wylde and Paul Gilbert... and everything is fingerstyle. No picks in sight - and one of his main guitars is an Epiphone LP Custom with the neck pickup ripped out. Love his Instagram:

His recorded material is good too:

I think his vibrato is some of the best I've ever heard. Just perfect.

I assume there must be some fans on here?
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• He's replaced Phil X on Fretted Americana...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Bucket said:

Not in my house.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    Bucket said:

...I think his vibrato is some of the best I've ever heard. Just perfect.

I'm a fan. Loads of attitude in his playing and a truly great vibrato (and I'm a fussy sod when it comes to vibrato).

It's not a competition.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited April 2018
    It all sounds (and looks) like the kind of horrible soft rock you couldnt get away from in the late 80s and was such a thrill to see die in the early 90s. Technically good I guess, but not my cup of tea at all
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    It all sounds (and looks) like the kind of horrible soft rock you couldnt get away from in the late 80s and was such a thrill to see die in the early 90s. Technically good I guess, but not my cup of tea at all
    I’m afraid I have to agree with this
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I saw him live when he was supporting Doug Aldrich and Glenn Hughes, he is a good frontman and squeezed quite a good sound out of his Blackstar amps, I'd go see him again.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    He looks very angry in those screen shots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    He played Ramblin Man festival last year if memory serves correctly. Enjoyed his live performance a lot
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    He’s a monster of a player...I’ve watched him on the frettedamericana YouTube vids and he pops up on Norms rare guitars. It’s all fingers and no pick through some modest gear. I think he plays an Epiphone p90 les Paul and is endorsed by Blackstar amps... :)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Christ, I hate all that OTT cliched fretwank face-pulling.  

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    He looks like he's just stepped out of a time machine from 1984.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited April 2018
    Must be very warm in his living room based on the first vid. Saving on the a/c maybe.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Kilgore said:
    He looks like he's just stepped out of a time machine from 1984.
    If that's the era he takes his influences from fair play to him, who are we to judge his attire? It should be his playing we focus on not his dress sense.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Meh. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    It's same ol stuff, if i want straight up new rock I'd rather listen to monster truck

The best demos are done by joel at chicago music exchange, i actually downloaded all his band royale stuff because it was really good to my old ears, they call it yacht metal, great player and singer too
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Christ, I hate all that OTT cliched fretwank face-pulling.  
    Love that :)   

I'll remember those words to say to our lead guitarist when he decides to drown out the whole band, including the full acoustic drumkit, again (and again, and again)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" - a quote from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet in 1981.

I would do well to remember this every time I come here to post videos of a guitarist I think other people might enjoy.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    Bucket said:
    "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" - a quote from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet in 1981.

I would do well to remember this every time I come here to post videos of a guitarist I think other people might enjoy.
    @Bucket ; There have been a few threads about him before and similar comments have been made, so don't think it's all being heaped on you.

For what it's worth I think he looks great, his playing is fucking great (I love the sheer aggression of his style), he sings OK, he seems like a good bloke but I was very disappointed how woefully average - and surprisingly bland - some of the songs on his albums are.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
    Great player, very American sounding and 'cock rock'. Yes, he is a bit too into it for us reserved Brits, but at least he is passionate about his music and makes a living from it.

I think he is pretty decent as a player, not my 'cup of tea' musically, but he can definitely play.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway