recommend Midi amp channel switcher????

mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
Anyone know or or recommend any good value Midi Amp Switchers?  Basically wee box with midi that will plug into amps 1/4" channel switcher and allow you to switch amp channels via midi.

Seen a couple of options but they seem ridiculously expensive for what they do.

just on off chance there is something i missed that does job nicely that offers a little better value :)

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    I've got a Nux PMS-2 kicking around somewhere...it was ace, did exactly what it said on the tin. 6 channels from three stereo jacks, I believe.

They don't seem to be for sale any more, which is unfortunate because they were only about £35 compared with the obscenely expensive alternatives from Voodoo Labs etc.
    <space for hire>
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    I've got a Nux PMS-2 kicking around somewhere...it was ace, did exactly what it said on the tin. 6 channels from three stereo jacks, I believe.

They don't seem to be for sale any more, which is unfortunate because they were only about £35 compared with the obscenely expensive alternatives from Voodoo Labs etc.
    I will keep an eye out for one s/h.  Exactly sort of thing i am after.  Assume it also does the use TR jacks instead of TRS and it gives you 1, 2 and 3 and 4,5&6 are added if use trs.

thanks for heads up ;)
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Plan on making a grab n go open mic/lighter amp setup.  Current plan is to get a smaller version of my big amp (got a crate vintage club 5212).  So gonna source a cheap Vintage Club 3112 (the 30w 1x12). 

then fun starts.  I am gonna alter case to move amp 1u further forward (plenty room to do that) and mount my spare GSP1101 facing up in top rear of amp beside normal amp.  4 cable it and add the midi channel switcher to allow each preset or control2 to switch amp channels.

Ok it won't be as light as something like a Katana but do think a proper quality tone valve amp with gsp 4cabled will provide a much nicer tone and overall product that will cut through mix and still be self contained in a reasonably portable 1x12 combo.  And even have direct XLR out if ever need a wee bit of reinforcement or amp dies (xlr to desk and off i go).  Seems to be same thing lots are using Katana for but seem to be getting a few more negative comments now people are using them in anger/gig volumes etc.

Will take my time but really do like idea.