40th birthday coming up - thought this would be simple...

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 797
RC boost V2 as boost/low gain OD to run alongside the BBMB, then listened to a few clips of the Thorpy Peacekeeper.
Bugger.
Then listened to some clips of the Gunshot.
Double Bugger.
This isn’t going to be easy at all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited April 2018
    Have you thought about setting aside the physical/tangible gift, and opting instead for an experience/adventurous type ‘present’ with family and friends and people?

For a landmark birthday, surely you’d want the memories of a really great time over a pedal you could buy tomorrow and sell on Ebay next weekend.

Those memories are priceless and you’ll treasure them for the reast of your life, whereas a pedal will quickly become the “wrong” pedal, as you are no doubt discovering as you browse the internet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited April 2018
    Branshen said:
    Why not both? 
    Indeed!

Say, a long weekend in New York to pick up that new pedal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Had the gunshot, it’s nice but I sent it back as it clipped the bass ever so slightly - have the peacekeeper, it’s my favourite/most versatile clean boost so far it is a tiny bit ‘muscular’ sounding like there’s some Marshall presence in it. It also eats batteries. Have the cruiser deuce which would be if you combined both of the above - it’s a great instant gratification pedal - RC booster also stellar 
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 67
    My wife and friends got me a Rickenbacker 330 as a surprise for my 40th - that was both an experience and a great gift.