Comments

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    The important thing is that the seller believes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Aaaah that old chessnut, he will forever be the custodian of that guitar! And my god does he waffle. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Not THE John Miles.... er.... I remember some crap singing on a crap Jimmy Page solo album. That was him, was it? 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Well, music was his first love 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    ... and it will be his last - as in, cobblers. :)

Harry only knows how many times has that guitar been offered for sale on eBay and at auction houses? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    So is it fake? If its not,why's it not selling?
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    It's been on eBay for years. The most recent consensus on various forums was that it is a Dick Knight 'conversion' done sometime in the 70's.  
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • sawyer said:
    So is it fake? If its not,why's it not selling?
    In my opinion its a fake, I've seen it around. Theirs a number of things that don't look right about it, im sure the experts on here could go into detail. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    In my opinion, it's a fake.
    In my opinion, the Miles LP is not so much a fake, more a fraud. It probably started out as a reasonable guitar. Dick Knight would have been commissioned to interfere with it. 

designerseye88 said:
    a number of things that don't look right about it
    Somebody in my area has a 1968 LP. Even compared to a present-day Korean Epiphone, the genuine American item from that period looks wonky. The neck pitch angle is shallow. The carve of the maple cap on the '68 looks flat and amateurish. I'm not convinced that its bridge and tailpiece inserts are at the correct angle. In spite of all this, the guitar that I have seen sounds wonderful. 

For owners who could not tolerate the way in which Gibson/Norlin had deviated from original Les Paul specifications, there were luthiers willing to rectify the situation ... for a nominal fee. ;)

miserneil said:
    a Dick Knight 'conversion' done sometime in the 70's.  
    This was the first hit that Google vomited up. http://solodallas.com/gibson-19681958-les-paul-standard-the-husk-conversion-by-dick-knight-1973

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • seen this coming up on ebay for a few years.. my question is that even if its not fake, why 50k,  not like i would have thought paticularly collectable?