Gibson Acoustic Owners

Anyone bought a recent Gibson Acoustic and if so did you get truss rod wrench with it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I haven't bought one recently but I didn't get one with mine
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    I've never bought a new Gibson, although I have owned several, so I don't know - but they're not difficult or expensive to buy, it's a standard 5/16" right-angled box spanner.

https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/box-spanner-5-16-inch

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    ICBM said:
    I've never bought a new Gibson, although I have owned several, so I don't know - but they're not difficult or expensive to buy, it's a standard 5/16" right-angled box spanner.

https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/box-spanner-5-16-inch
    Thanks for that you've just answered my next question. : >

I must admit I'm surprised they don't supply them as it's the first guitar I've bought that doesn't have one supplied.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    BigLicks67 said:

I must admit I'm surprised they don't supply them as it's the first guitar I've bought that doesn't have one supplied.
    In the 1950s, Fender not only didn't supply the tool, they purposely hid the truss rod adjustment at the body end under the pickguard to stop owners fiddling with them :).

Having thought about it, I suspect Gibson don't supply them, since I can't remember ever having seen one in the case with a second hand Gibson, or got one when I bought one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• telehacktelehack Frets: 93
    Truss rods, we don't need no steeking truss rods:

• DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135

I bought a brand new 345 just after Christmas - I think I only got the COA and a couple of leaflets... I'll check the case tonight and report back...

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    I got an Allen key with my Epiphone acoustic a month or so ago.
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    DaiCapp said:

I bought a brand new 345 just after Christmas - I think I only got the COA and a couple of leaflets... I'll check the case tonight and report back...

Just the COA, warranty, a key, a sachet of stuff and a nice note saying Tom did the set up...
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I got an Allen key with my 345 and the 2015 firebird I owned once upon a time
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Probably stopped including the tool as a cost saving measure.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    crunchman said:
    Probably stopped including the tool
    Was that a mini Henry?