3rd Party Fractal AX8 Profiles

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1428
edited April 2018 in Amps
I've been using the FX8 live now with a variety of nice amps, but one of the artists I play with regularly wants to move to as close to a silent stage setup as possible, so I've bought an AX8.

I have to be honest, I remain far from convinced about amp modelling generally, but I pretty much have to make this work.

Are there any good 3rd party amp presets for the AX8 that improve upon the ones already on board?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I usually just make my own but I tried the Glenn Delaune presets recently and liked them enough to get the second pack as well.   They might not do the sounds you want but imo they would be a good starting point with the way he lays out the scenes. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I'd start with Austin Buddy's 700+ pack
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Austin Buddy's Naked Amp pack. I was struggling to start with but now pretty much totally sold on the AX8 direct to PA. I have a 1x10 active cab behind me which makes all the difference.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1428
    I notice the Naked Amps are all in mono though - I use my AX8 in stereo live. How easy is it to change that for each patch?
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Absolutely - just buy the Naked Amps, it's the best thing I ever did.

All of the profiles are basically just an amp - you want stereo just drop in a delay or reverb block at the end
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
    Interesting to hear so much praise for the Naked Amp pack.  I was on the verge of buying it when they announced AxeFX III, but stuck my name on the waiting list for that and didn't bother with the Naked Amps as I thought I'd be moving the AX8 on...

Fast forward several months and there's still no definite release in Europe for the AxeFX III (June supposedly) and last time i checked, no news at all on the dedicated AxeFX III footcontroller that I would ideally need to use it. Also the more I've been using my AX8 at rehearsal, the less I'm convinced I need what will probably be a £3k upgrade as the AX8 is all I really need - for now at least. 

I have a couple of good sounding patches I use as a basis but am now thinking if I'm sticking with the AX8 for quite a while longer then the Naked Amp pack might be worth it. 

The subject of Fractal releasing the III with nothing concrete in place to control it is another discussion entirely!
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
    edited May 2018
    I honestly don't see any point in anything more than the AX8. I'm totally sold on mine, feel and tone are great. Never had so many compliments from band members and audience on my tone. Hopefully it may come across in this short clip...