Maxon vintage series pedals...

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1174
Has anyone tried these things? I've recently had the chance to try the DS-830 distortion, the od-820 overdrive, the cs-550 chorus and the ad-900 delay.

Is there a bad pedal in these series at all? They all sound friggin' amazing to me.

Anyone else tried these?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Yes I have the AD999Pro analog delay and the PH350 Rotary Phaser which I think is discontinued but best phaser I ever had. If I had money I'd buy the rest in the series tomorrow. Superb pedals!
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    Hi,

yep I liked them so much I ended up getting a couple. Amazing pedals, I don't know why I don't see people talking about them more often.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    I had the whole series for a year or so, including the hard to find Rotary Phaser. The only one I ended up keeping permanently is the CS550 - love that chorus, it can do everything from gentle thickening to full on sea sick wobble. Runner up in the series for me was the OD820, I don't use much in the way of overdrive but that one has a beautifully balanced push. The AD900 was undoubtedly the best analog delay I've ever used but as I play mainly bass these days I don't have much use for it now and it went to another forum member.

Another Maxon in that large case format - the Maxon RTC600 - is my favourite compressor for bass (and equally wonderful for guitar but the Keeley Comp Pro wins there). If money (and space) was no object I'd have them all back in a heartbeat.

• kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    I've got the AD-999, is that the vintage series? I'm not sure. Either way it's a fantastic analogue delay pedal.
    Yep, AD-999 is vintage series, the successor to the AD-900.

I currently have a DS-830 distortion, OD-820 overdrive, two CS-550 choruses, and the AD-900 delay.

The Chorus pedals are crazy nice, quite versatile.
  • Yeah love the AD900 and the AD999, great delays.
    Yep I like my Maxons alright...

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    brooom said:
    Yep, AD-999 is vintage series, the successor to the AD-900.

I currently have a DS-830 distortion, OD-820 overdrive, two CS-550 choruses, and the AD-900 delay.

The Chorus pedals are crazy nice, quite versatile.
    The chorus pedal is a bit overlooked, perhaps the big box puts people off. It's the one I settled on after trying a lot of different pedals. The sweep of the controls, esp the delay time makes it a very powerful effect unit. I do wish they'd put the mix control on top of the pedal though, it's not only tucked out of sight but it's also very fiddly to try and adjust.
    Agreed