yi home camera access to all data on my phone

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
bought 2 yi home cameras off hot uk deals for £19.99 ea
downloaded yi home app off the playstore but they want access to all my files pics and data,if i click deny i cant proceed any further with the installation
my bank ,e bay,amazon and other accounts and passwords are stored on the phone,the home camera  has 100s of great reviews but have all of these allowed yi home access to their phone data and images ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6791
    How do we know this isn’t an automated message from the yi app that’s taken over your phone? It seems to have stolen all the capital letters and a lot of the punctuation!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    bum tish !

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited April 2018
    mark123 said:
    downloaded yi home app off the playstore but they want access to all my files pics and data,if i click deny i cant proceed any further with the installation
    my bank ,e bay,amazon and other accounts and passwords are stored on the phone,the home camera  has 100s of great reviews but have all of these allowed yi home access to their phone data and images ?
    It has to; if you don't give it permission to access phone storage (including the image gallery), then it can't store any video clips/still frames.

Also, you shouldn't be storing passwords on your phone, especially if you are as concerned about security as you appear to be.

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mark123 said:
    It has to; if you don't give it permission to access phone storage (including the image gallery), then it can't store any video clips/still frames.

Also, you shouldn't be storing passwords on your phone, especially if you are as concerned about security as you appear to be.

Thanks but i just want to use it as a baby monitor so theres no need for storing ,plus i could just pop in a sd card and no need for storage cloud etc
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    mark123 said:
    mark123 said:

Thanks but i just want to use it as a baby monitor so theres no need for storing ,plus i could just pop in a sd card and no need for storage cloud etc
    Then you bought the wrong product, essentially.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    mark123 said:
    mark123 said:

Then you bought the wrong product, essentially.

What he said, in fact, I'd probably look in to the baby monitor market to be honest with you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom