seems like a good idea

What's Hot
if they won't give us real straws (they can't because they spray the crops with growth inhibitor and other nasty chemicals) ...

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-news/this-environmentally-friendly-folding-metal-straw-fits-onto-a-key-ring-11364266123095

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Or you could just drink normally like most adults do anyway
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Yes, I don't normally use them. But for them that do, its an opportunity to relieve them of a little of their hard-earned, while salving their conscience about the environment. Just don't let them think about the resources used to produce the product ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    I'm fine with them taking my straws, but they can keep thier filthy mitts off my little umberella ,ella, ella and sparkler from my cocktail.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I bet this comes in a blister pack and the packaging ends up clogging the oceans and killing turtles etc.
  • Or you could just drink normally like most adults do anyway
    Don’t help with a strawberry thick shake tho.

one side of the straw debate I found interesting is a dentist saying it’s better for your teggy pegs to drink using a straw. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I seriously don't get this problem. When I was a kid the cups and straws were made of paper. Why do we need plastic straws?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Fretwired said:
    I seriously don't get this problem. When I was a kid the cups and straws were made of paper. Why do we need plastic straws?
    Tree murderer...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    We don't but they're probably cheaper to make and you don't have to cut down trees to make them (you just have to pollute the land around an oil well instead).

I think the organic crop industry should be encouraged to grow enough normal-height wheat & barley so that there are enough real straws plus sufficient material to thatch the few buildings that still need thatching (although I grant you that reeds last longer but they are only traditional in places where reeds grow eg the Norfolk Broads).
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    This is brilliant, just what I need. If only they'd work on a dummy and rattle as well I'd have all the stuff I need at 54 years old.
    axisus said:
    This is brilliant, just what I need. If only they'd work on a dummy and rattle as well I'd have all the stuff I need at 54 years old.
    spare a thought for the disabled. some people need straws.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27951
    Don’t help with a strawberry thick shake tho.

one side of the straw debate I found interesting is a dentist saying it’s better for your teggy pegs to drink using a straw. 
    Better for the front ones, worse for the back ones.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9684
    I'll happily accept the loss of plastic straws but it's the loss of proper Ribena I am in mourning still about
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I'll happily accept the loss of plastic straws but it's the loss of proper Ribena I am in mourning still about
    try vimto instead
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    try vimto instead
    you will not!!!

oh, you meant the drink. as you were

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9684
    VimFuego said:
    try vimto instead
    you will not!!!

oh, you meant the drink. as you were
    We already have sweetener based Vimto as our standard cordial of choice for day to day squash, Ribena was the "once in a while treat" but that is no longer on the cards.

Well, it won't be once my stockpile of nine bottles of pre-change Ribena that i amassed when i realised they'd fucked it up has run out
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom