SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Twin II combo, 1983, pristine condition

jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
edited May 2018 in Amps £

Hello (EDIT - this amp is now SOLD)

Fender Twin II combo, flagship of the 1983 range and designed by Rivera.  2x12 combo, 105 watts, in excellent condition with castors, footswitch, even the manual and a good circuit diagram.

The amp has a clean channel and a high gain lead channel, each with full eq, bright switch on the clean and a mid-boost on the lead channel, long spring reverb (and plenty of it!), a line-out, fx loop send and return (each with their own volume, see pic) and it comes with the all-important footswitch too. Hand-wired, no circuit boards and rare in this good condition. The standby/power on switches are illuminated rockers which seems to have been a UK/Euro thing with this particular amp.

It is very loud and very heavy, which is why I wish to sell. I haven't gigged it for some years after I ripped all my chest muscles picking it up (all my own fault!) - these days I play mostly in small pubs and clubs with a smaller combo.
Weight - I would say at least 80-85 lbs, and the cabinet is slightly deeper than a 'standard' Twin Reverb.

In near-perfect condition, everything working fine, played it today and spent a happy hour experimenting with tones. It was meant to out-boogie Boogie, and it does pretty well. Robben Ford-style overdrive is there with the mid-boost engaged, and turning the preamp volume and gain on the lead channel down a bit gets superb gritty blues tones. You can do a pretty good Kossoff with this and a LP! It is the precursor to the red-knob Twin which used circuit boards.

https://s6.postimg.cc/6u4lj0nox/TwinWeb1.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/64lt6n7pt/TwinWebE.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/ea3v4tj41/TwinWebB.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/r1i1baqb5/TwinWebA.jpg

Cheers to all!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    PM sent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    got it, hope I have replied ok.
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Yes, thanks, I replied back.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Stereo setup with my evil twin too much?? :D
    Well you see....I did have 2 of these Twin IIs and stereo was my idea too....but it never happened....it did sound fantastic when I set it up but far too loud for my living room! And I never could take both to a gig, venues too small and band would have moaned!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    jdgm said:
    Well you see....I did have 2 of these Twin IIs and stereo was my idea too....but it never happened....it did sound fantastic when I set it up but far too loud for my living room! And I never could take both to a gig, venues too small and band would have moaned!
    If I hadn’t just hemorrhaged £300 on getting mine repaired, I’d have been very keen on this. Pretty sure this’ll go quickly enough. 
    weekend bump....
    Mid-week bumpage!
    Had some interest (many thanks) but still for sale at the mo, near-mint condition and will take a near offer.
    edited May 2018
    Quickie just-in-case bump.