Malekko Omicron Series - Phasers and E Filter

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 393
edited April 2018 in FX
Anyone tried these out? I really love my EHX Small Stone, but I don't use phase that often and so it'd be nice to have a smaller size. How does the sound of the Omicron Phase compare to the Small Stone?

Also interested in the E filter; never had one before. Generally like the look of all the Omicron pedals; had the Trem once upon a time and that was cool.

[This post was orginally about Temple Board clearance and Voodoo Labs 4x4 supplies. Found the info on their site:

Templeboards clear 1.25" (3.17cm) at the front, and 2.25" (5.71cm) at the back. Voodoo Labs 4x4 power supplies are 4.6cm high.]
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 106
    I went from a EHX Small Stone nano to the Malekko phaser (the small purple one), but ended selling it and buying another small stone a few months later.

My reason for buying it was because I loved the Malekko 616 and was expecting the phaser to be equally as lush and thick, but I found it quite subtle and uninspiring. By no means a bad pedal but just didn't do a lot for me. It's a while back now, but I remember thinking it sounded thin and watery as opposed to the small stone sounding thick and soupy if you get what I mean?!

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    I really like Malekko stuff but I’ve had two 616s crap out on me and one with a D.C. leak on the output so I won’t be buying any more...
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I would be a bit wary of Malekko myself, as I've seen a surprising number of their pedals being sold as broken/spares or repair on eBay over the past few years, and probably not a single working one!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 106
    Interesting, I found my 616 reliable until I stuck 18v up it, quite a fiddly fix replacing a surface mount voltage regulator, but it's been fine since. As a company I really like them - very helpful when you have a problem, but I've always been a bit peed off that they released a V2 616, sure it fixed annoying issues with the V1 which is great and everything, but lots of us forked out over a ton for a V1 and just have to deal with the clock noise that sounds like a motor boat whenever you turn on the modulation that is barely usable because it's so over the top!