Adrian Legg

The favourite acoustic recorded tone thread drew my mind back to AL, my favourite acoustic player. I saw him first supporting Satriani at Hammersmith on the Extremist tour and it blew me away.

This he played this song and I'd not seen this done before. Just thought I'd share in case he's new to you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Amazing player. I saw him support both Satriani and also Dream Theater many years ago. I prefer his old ovations to that weird shaped guitar he plays these days. Fantastic stuff, but I do find that I can only listen to so much acoustic instrumental music in one go.

My favourite of his songs is Thump the clouds, a lovely fast strumming number with a great acoustic tone. Here's a video but it's sound only:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    His interview on No Guitar Is Safe was great last week or thereabouts! :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I remember being wowed by him supporting Satch at the NEC (must have been the extremist tour). Hadn’t heard of him at all so very dubious about this little guy wandering on stage with a acoustic. Jaw dropping playing followed. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    He was a regular contributor in the early days of Guitarist so I remember him from that more than his own music. IIRC he played in country bands before going solo acoustic and, just playing that first clip, there are still echoes of that in his playing. I’m  presuming those are banjo tuners on his Ovation so that’s another country(ish) link. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58

The favourite acoustic recorded tone thread drew my mind back to AL, my favourite acoustic player. I saw him first supporting Satriani at Hammersmith on the Extremist tour and it blew me away.

This he played this song and I'd not seen this done before. Just thought I'd share in case he's new to you.

I saw/heard him play this at the NEC, and my mouth fell open, he was suffering a nasty head cold at the time, as I remember he was supporting Steve Vai, the crowd were not too pleasant, a few jeering and shouting "we want Vai", I was embarrassed and a bit disgusted, but I guess this is joe public, I admired the guy for coming on and performing.
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    I've always admired AL's single mindedness, he's gone down his own road with gear and technique.
    I remember he did a monthly 'technique' piece in a uk mag in the '80's? - string bending to emulate pedal steel.
    great stuff back then.
    Much under appreciated and overlooked in the uk.