SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Alchemy transcriptions book (Dire Straits)

RockerRocker Frets: 4980
or a scan of the pages that feature the song Romeo and Juliette as recorded on Alchemy. One of the challenges I set myself is to play a passable version of Romeo and Juliette on the keyboard. All the music sheets I found in shops start at the guitar riff. The version on Alchemy has a synth intro before the resonator guitar kicks in. The music transcription of the song would get me started. Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    The melody is C, Bb, A. A, G. For chords, try C, Bb, Am, Gm. As you already know, the keyboard interlude eventually resolves into F when the guitar begins.

TBH, the keyboard intro is probably only there to fill in while Knopfler changes guitars between songs.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I'm pretty sure I have the piano score book for alchemy somewhere. Probably a relatively simple version I would guess, haven't looked at it for many a year. I'll try and remember to take a look 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Thanks guys.
    Yes @Funkfingers the keyboard intro is only a fill but it is an interesting and slightly different take on the melody.

@axisus if you do find the book, that would be great. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum