WTB Alchemy transcriptions book (Dire Straits)

RockerRocker Frets: 2664
or a scan of the pages that feature the song Romeo and Juliette as recorded on Alchemy. One of the challenges I set myself is to play a passable version of Romeo and Juliette on the keyboard. All the music sheets I found in shops start at the guitar riff. The version on Alchemy has a synth intro before the resonator guitar kicks in. The music transcription of the song would get me started. Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 3151
    The melody is C, Bb, A. A, G. For chords, try C, Bb, Am, Gm. As you already know, the keyboard interlude eventually resolves into F when the guitar begins.

TBH, the keyboard intro is probably only there to fill in while Knopfler changes guitars between songs.
    "It's no wonder the Pacific Ocean is blue."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 10566
    I'm pretty sure I have the piano score book for alchemy somewhere. Probably a relatively simple version I would guess, haven't looked at it for many a year. I'll try and remember to take a look 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 2664
    Thanks guys.
    Yes @Funkfingers the keyboard intro is only a fill but it is an interesting and slightly different take on the melody.

@axisus if you do find the book, that would be great. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]