pedal based sound card from Orange...ideas?

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
New from Orange - a pedal based sound card. So you can take your pedal board into your phone\computer/tablet  and add a IR and reverb,etc, or insert a backing track into your amp. If it could drive headphones that would also replace a mooer radar or audiofile ( but I suppose you could use your phone phones out to do that).

im interested, what other uses can you think of?

https://orangeamps.com/omec-teleport/
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Looks like a handy Swiss army knife. It can be used as a reamp box. Which is a really specific tool and hard to justify but this is a good alternative. 

To me, the adoption of this product as a means to incorporate a laptop into a rig depends on only one thing. Latency. If it is imperceivably low, they will sell loads. I would get one. But I'm highly skeptical..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The more I think about it, the more I think this could be a brilliant piece of kit. Stereo inputs would be nice though. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Looks cool. Anyone seen a price? 
    Sorry to spam your thread. Here's an idea. Omec transport + line 6 helix software + Morningstar MC6 (midi controller footswitch) + laptop.

Direct to PA, that could be an infinitely complex rig (because of helix software) and fit on a pedaltrain nano and a table for the laptop. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
    Branshen said:
    The more I think about it, the more I think this could be a brilliant piece of kit. Stereo inputs would be nice though. 
    I’d love stereo inputs- I’d use it after my AX8 to record, add backing tracks, use with headphones. With a pedal board only to add IRs for amp less jamming into my high. With a pc/iPhone for jamming on a sofa with headphones. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    You would need a bloody long usb cable to use it live unless you wanted your laptop near your pedal board!!!!!!
    poopot said:
    You would need a bloody long usb cable to use it live unless you wanted your laptop near your pedal board!!!!!!
    Ive got loads of 3m usb cables I use with my AX8 and various keyboards and drum machines. I wouldn’t use it live, but can see lots of uses for practice and home playing.

i initially thought, “it’s just a usb soundcard!”, but the format and hopefully robustness works better with a guitar setup.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Branshen said:
    Sorry to spam your thread. Here's an idea. Omec transport + line 6 helix software + Morningstar MC6 (midi controller footswitch) + laptop.

Direct to PA, that could be an infinitely complex rig (because of helix software) and fit on a pedaltrain nano and a table for the laptop. 
    Nor problem, I’m after ideas to justify my “want”. I also thought similar - I could use my MC6 to control iPad based looper software, but then remembered there’s only 1 ipad usb input, so would also need usb hub and more cables (maybe even a powered one) so setup becomes too “cabley”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    For me, it might be a slightly cheaper way of having a backup Helix - get an Intel NUC (installed with Linux, since Helix Native works under WINE - just have it fire up a VST host on boot), plug it into this and use a MIDI controller. Of course, I already have a Helix and Helix Native, otherwise it wouldn't be cost-effective.

Depends how much this thing costs, really.
    <space for hire>
    Thinks it’s £99
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I’m definitely up for this if Midi guitar 2 supports mainstage
    Apparently it is 16 bit which is lower resolution and thus allows for lower latency. Personally, the lower res doesn't put me off.