Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    The default key is as on the Spotify playlist, unless everyone playing on it agreed to change it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/eoapdaw791qpsgnl2ph5yb5j3/playlist/0OKtibR3hnDhejp6wmhsSK?si=BRZIKmTTTemNEjZSogcJNA
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    So Beat It will be played in Eb?
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    TTony said:
    The default key is as on the Spotify playlist, unless everyone playing on it agreed to change it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/eoapdaw791qpsgnl2ph5yb5j3/playlist/0OKtibR3hnDhejp6wmhsSK?si=BRZIKmTTTemNEjZSogcJNA
    Sorry my vintage Macbook wont load Spotify, I'll try my phone. 
    Brocco said:
    At Quad we learnt it in Eb and played it in E. 
    slacker said:
    TTony said:

Sorry my vintage Macbook wont load Spotify, I'll try my phone. 
    Ok I've downloaded spotty and found a capo, sorted apologies
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I’ve learnt Beat It in E, based on one of the instances you can find on YouTube in standard tuning with the guitar missing. 

Please don’t confuse me now!
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    TTony said:

I downloaded Spotify and have been playing along to this.
    edited May 2018
    peteri said:
    I’ve learnt Beat It in E, based on one of the instances you can find on YouTube in standard tuning with the guitar missing. 

Just nudge it down a fret @peteri ;;
    D

We did originally say that all keys and all versions of the each song were as the Spotify playlist - that way everyone learns the same song with the same intro/verse/chorus/solo/outro pattern, and not the 19 minute extended live version, or the re-released version with  the extra  solo, or the   (etc).

TTony said:

You get an A* student badge
    ;)
    TTony said:
    peteri said:

Just nudge it down a fret @peteri ;;
    D

We did originally say that all keys and all versions of the each song were as the Spotify playlist - that way everyone learns the same song with the same intro/verse/chorus/solo/outro pattern, and not the 19 minute extended live version, or the re-released version with  the extra  solo, or the   (etc).

TTony said:

You get an A* student badge
    ;)
    Where's my badge?
    slacker said:

Where's my badge?
    Right here.   

I'll stick it on you next Saturday.
    :D

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can I have the I learnt call me the breeze in 3 keys cos I couldn't use spotify badge?
    In the other thread I thought we had agreed Beat It in E?

I might be confusing people. We usually play it in standard tuning which is E. 
    slacker said:
    I might be confusing people. 
    Not least because you don't appear to be actually playing on it this time ...
    ;)

Brocco said:
    peteri said:
    In the other thread I thought we had agreed Beat It in E?
    TTony said:
    Can those playing it  decide which key to play in?  
    @Brocco ;
    @peteri ;
    @darthed1981 ;
    @Guitar_Slinger ;

(I doubt the drummer will be too fussed).
    Thanks Tony - early vote for E!

If we decide Eb I think I’ll go through the pain of downtuning a Floyd and avoid the moving the fingers bit!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    While we're talking about sticking to Spotify versions etc, I'll just reiterate that I've only changed the very last section of Comfy to accommodate the 'Fade out' on the studio version.
    The rest of the song is as per the studio version on Spotify which is the original from 'The Wall'.

The change is right at the end and it's just a certain riff which acts as a contact point, the same one Gilmour uses live, to signal the end of the song and a chance of getting the brakes on without losing control of the song.

It's very easy so please don't panic if you're doing that song with me.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I'm playing rhythm on Beat It and don't mind if we play it in Standard Tuning or downtune to Eb (although the latter sounds best imho)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    As the person singing Beat It, I'm OK with either but I suspect Eb will come out better, its quite high and my voice will be half gone by then!

I don't mind down tuning, I'm only planning on playing the riff when I'm not singing and maybe the single note E D E D C D E progression in the verses.

I'll join the others for a practise if I can be in the room at the time. :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    I think we've sorted Beat It out between us, by PM.
    Rabs said:
    For anyone who doesn't want to bring a guitar to make it easier I will be bringing several of my builds with and I will be happy if someone wants to grab one to play 
    @Rabs If you have a guitar with a humbucker and volume knob, I'd like to play one.
    @differs are you ok with changing American woman to the lenny kravitz version? It's in c with the solo section in b. I'll shout the changes.

We've lost our rhythm guitarist and I can't play it and sing it. @pmbomb is more comfortable with the lenny version.

So fellers if you can both do the heavy lifting I'll sing it and play the riffs on the solo.

@ttony fyi apologies etc
This discussion has been closed.