Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    @Brocco - thanks - I've put you down for lead on Just What I Needed, and taken you off Tush (which still has 2 rhythm players, so that's still perfectly viable).  I've also moved Just What I Needed to the backend of the day to give you run-through time.

@Guitar_Slinger - thanks also - I've moved your bass part from Purple Rain and onto  Beat It.  Purple Rain is now gone @peteri.

@darthed1981 - the vox slots still open in sessions 1 & 3 are Fire, White Room and Signed, Sealed.  If no-one else wants to step forward (watch everyone take two steps back) , I'd be most happy to accept your volunteering.

All updates reflected in the new running order list at the top of the thread.

:)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Thanks - in a wedding excitement panic I misread that and thought I was doing the solo to Purple Rain!

Shame to lose it - but we can always do it next time.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6587
    I can sing on white room if needed, to save Ed having to do all of the vocals. I’m in that session anyway.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11613
    mrkb said:
    I can sing on white room if needed, to save Ed having to do all of the vocals. I’m in that session anyway.
    My untrained voice thanks you :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6587
    mrkb said:
    My untrained voice thanks you :)
    No problem, Your highly trained ears might not! :)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Thanks - in a wedding excitement panic I misread that and thought I was doing the solo to Purple Rain!

Shame to lose it - but we can always do it next time.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2196
    Brocco said: 
    @TTony - having taken another listen to Just What I Needed I'm ok to take the keyboard part and also the lead fills on the chorus. The solo is more of a challenge and definitely outside my comfort zone. To allow me to concentrate on trying to learn the solo could I please come off Tush. In terms of the running order I would appreciate the opportunity to practice Just What I Needed on the day and wonder if it could be moved out of the first group of songs. 

@darthed1981 - yes this is a Cars track
    I'm singing on that one so I'll practice with you under the pretence that I'm doing you the favour.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @slacker - very happy to accept a helping hand from a fellow EL84 fan!
    Nice one if you are still interested in trying the friedman pedal we can incorporate that
    Thank you, very kind!
    @TTony - can I step down from the rhythm on Tush?

On top of all the others, but I’m sorry I’m really not enjoy that and I’d like more chance to hang with the boys. 

Thanks
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11613
    peteri said:
    On top of all the others, but I’m sorry I’m really not enjoy that and I’d like more chance to hang with the boys. 

If you have this in mind, you may be disappointed...

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Which one is Bridgehouse?
    @pmbomb I've tried to play the out to lead part and sing it and i can't do it. I suggest we me for 5 in the practise room and sort out something simpler  the bye bye section is a bent g to e. I think that with practice hand signals and prayers we can sort something.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @slacker for sure, whatever works to have a laff. I was actually just about to post that life has been very hectic recently and practice time near zero so I can't be relied on to deliver a solo to the script anyway, so good to mix it up. Yeah something'll work out.

pmbomb said:
    @slacker for sure, whatever works to have a laff. I was actually just about to post that life has been very hectic recently and practice time near zero so I can't be relied on to deliver a solo to the script anyway, so good to mix it up. Yeah something'll work out.

i know this one quite well so i normally play the short solos as is and improvise the long one. So we can stick with me on vocals and you on guitar and discuss who does what on the day. You can learn what you can work permitting with the option to improvise if you need to.

Trying to help not take over happy to just sing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    peteri said:
    Which one is Bridgehouse?
    If you’re going by shape/profile then I’m more like the ball..
    @TTony ; looking at the vacancies, I can offer the following...

Alright Now bass
    Comfortably numb bass
    Signed Sealed Delivered Lead

If you need those slots filled just change the spreadsheet on P1. I'm going to learn those songs anyway as a practice regime. So dont worry if you dont need me to cover. 

@TTony - could I please come off Teenage Kicks in the fourth set as this seems to be very well covered, and if it would help, I could play on Fortunate Son in the first set (fitting around @McToot as he is the sole 6 stringer currently down to play). Equally happy for stand aside if someone else would like to join @McToot on Fortunate Son.   

@peteri and @MarkBlagdon - suggest we get together in the practice room to run through Beat It (@peteri) and the harmonised solo on Come Together (@MarkBlagdon)
    Works for me - more I practice the better!
This discussion has been closed.