More Netflix gold

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I enjoyed The Chalet, Money Heist and currently enjoying The Rain.
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Alienist is great. Fantastic cast, sets, costumes and the plot is alright, too.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Got to episode 4 of the Rain and then gave up, it’s all been done before and personally a lot better, Residue otoh is shaping up nicely 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2393
    Gave up after episode 2 of Star Trek. Currently almost finished Happy though, and it's ace!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Happy is awesome, working through the OA at the moment, seems intriguing so far
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of Safe last night. Intriguing so far, suspect it's going to be the sort of thing with about dozen Broadchurch/Line Of Duty-esque ludicrous plot twists before the end, but happy to suspend disbelief so far!

Takes a bit of getting used to seeing Dexter Morgan talk with an English accent mind you...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    I'm enjoying Lost In Space, and I am quite excited about The New Legends of Monkey.  I hope he summons his cloud in the classic style.
    Not just me but the whole family now given up on Lost in Space. However, the New Legends of Monkey is proving to be a treat. Probably not essential viewing really but it's quite funny if a bit odd ( Japanese production filmed in New Zealand and Australia with primarily local actors) - maybe even odder than the original. I won't say any spoilers about the cloud. 

The Alienist is still good although having to be in the right mood so not yet watched it all. 
    Watched about three episodes of Monkey.  I’d rather watch reruns of the 80’s version. 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Been around for a while, but if someone wants a well acted, brilliantly written, dark comedy - I think 'The Good Place' is one of the best things for years

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    TheMarlin said:
    I'm enjoying Lost In Space, and I am quite excited about The New Legends of Monkey.  I hope he summons his cloud in the classic style.
    Not just me but the whole family now given up on Lost in Space. However, the New Legends of Monkey is proving to be a treat. Probably not essential viewing really but it's quite funny if a bit odd ( Japanese production filmed in New Zealand and Australia with primarily local actors) - maybe even odder than the original. I won't say any spoilers about the cloud. 

The Alienist is still good although having to be in the right mood so not yet watched it all. 
    Watched about three episodes of Monkey.  I’d rather watch reruns of the 80’s version. 

We did watch the entire original run on dvd a couple of years ago. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I'm enjoying Killjoys, it's got a Firefly feel to it & is quite easy watching .

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Been around for a while, but if someone wants a well acted, brilliantly written, dark comedy - I think 'The Good Place' is one of the best things for years

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    My wife and kids really enjoyed Lost in Space. I didn't get around to finishing it.

Really enjoyed the Alienist, hope they do another series. 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited May 2018
    I'm watching Gotham and The Durrells. Two series that are diametrically opposed in content and mood, sort of a ying-yang thingnybob. The heavy rich dark gateaux of one contrasting with the bright sweet crisp lemon tart of the other. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    equalsql said:

The heavy rich dark gateaux of one contrasting with the bright sweet crisp lemon tart of the other.  
    Nicely phrased!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Shoving my eyeballs back in place after binge-watching Netflix's 'Safe'.

Sub-plots, a great end twist, plus Hannah Arterton.

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755

Shoving my eyeballs back in place after binge-watching Netflix's 'Safe'.

Sub-plots, a great end twist, plus Hannah Arterton.

Good to hear as I've watched only 1st episode and wasn't that impressed this far. 
  • nanomannanoman Frets: 62
    New Legends of Monkey is a bit Neighbours with Cosplay. Happy was brilliant though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
     Started to watch the new series of Terrace House.  Good stuff.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    I found two more excellent Netflix shows:

Final Space, a kids animated show - but it's very entertaining

Grimm - A cop show where a detective can see people who are part human part magical animal. It's very entertaining. I can't believe but I've seen probably 7 episodes in two days! I don't usually binge watch anything but wife and daughters do, and I've been in the room doing iPad stuff and sort of got caught up in it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2629
    edited July 2018
    Not Netflix, but if you like the humorous brutality of Happy and you've got Amazon Video, Preacher is not only violent and funny, but also deeply blasphemous and very good. 

And Better Call Saul is back next week, I think. It's a bit like being put through an emotional blender, but the writing and acting are superb.