Amber Rudd

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 714
    May now using the whip to get Conservative MPs to oppose humble address motion to get Windrush-related documents released to the Commons home affairs committee.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/02/conservative-mps-told-to-vote-against-windrush-documents-motion

That is scandolous.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 30905
    thomasw88 said:
    May now using the whip to get Conservative MPs to oppose humble address motion to get Windrush-related documents released to the Commons home affairs committee.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/02/conservative-mps-told-to-vote-against-windrush-documents-motion
    That is scandolous.    
    There's clearly something toxic in those documents which directly incriminates May. If it was just Rudd, they would release them and let her carry the toxicity away with her.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 10684
    ICBM said:
    thomasw88 said:

That is scandolous.    
    There's clearly something toxic in those documents which directly incriminates May. If it was just Rudd, they would release them and let her carry the toxicity away with her.
    Those documents will find a way out. May's in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks she can keep them under wraps. 
    I make Jeremy Paxman look like Fingermouse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Interesting to see how the newspapers repoet this or don't..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 2243
    The Metro is reporting it today (after the fact, in about 1/8 of a page next to a massive ad for McDonalds breakfasts). Tories are saying it's "disproportionate and distracting" and "an open ended fishing expedition".

Of course it is. Nothing to see here, off you pop.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5968
    heh, open ended fishing expedition, boy did I misread that!!!

I think I've spent too much time on the internet.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 1299
    The Metro is reporting it today (after the fact, in about 1/8 of a page next to a massive ad for McDonalds breakfasts). Tories are saying it's "disproportionate and distracting" and "an open ended fishing expedition".

Of course it is. Nothing to see here, off you pop.
    The purpose of which is to catch fish.
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
  • randellarandella Frets: 1739
    DMG Media, formerly Associated Newspapers.  Owners of the Metro and that other well-balanced, centrist publication the Daily Mail.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 2243
    randella said:
    DMG Media, formerly Associated Newspapers.  Owners of the Metro and that other well-balanced, centrist publication the Daily Mail.

In fairness, they also reported Diane Abbott and David Lammy's comments.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

randella said:

In fairness, they also reported Diane Abbott and David Lammy's comments.
    as opposed to the  minimum daily 4 articles they dedicate to  painting anything labour as catastrosphic.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 1470

that deserves a super wiz

edited May 3

The rich

couldn't get it to work, its on salon TV called 5 bi8llionaires
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 3352

In all this, everyone has lost sight of the fact that Rudd should have gone long ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/whatsapp-imessage-encryption-facebook-apple-amber-rudd-conservative-conference-a7979811.html

If she is in charge of our security, and she doesn't understand the importance of encryption, and won't listen to the experts, then she shouldn't have been in the role anyway.

Good riddance to her.

On the bigger issues, there will be an election at some point in the near future.  The remoaners in Parliament are likely to vote to stay in the Customs Union - which is an idiotic policy.  If we are going to be out, then we should be fully out, so we can negotiate our own trade deals.  I suspect a lot of them are just trying to sabotage Brexit though, in the hope that we will have an election and the new government will cancel Brexit.

What we will end up with is an election with Rees-Mogg or Boris leading the Tories.  Either of them will be more electable than May, but whether it will be enough to give them a working majority I don't know.

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 2090
    William Hill currently offering 3/1 on there being a general election this year. Seem quite generous odds to me..
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 30905
    crunchman said:

In all this, everyone has lost sight of the fact that Rudd should have gone long ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/whatsapp-imessage-encryption-facebook-apple-amber-rudd-conservative-conference-a7979811.html

If she is in charge of our security, and she doesn't understand the importance of encryption, and won't listen to the experts, then she shouldn't have been in the role anyway.

Good riddance to her.

I think she was just so universally out of her depth and incompetent that many of her mistakes will have been simply lost in the flood.

crunchman said:

On the bigger issues, there will be an election at some point in the near future.  The remoaners in Parliament are likely to vote to stay in the Customs Union - which is an idiotic policy.  If we are going to be out, then we should be fully out, so we can negotiate our own trade deals.

I also feel this is the wrong way round - the worst of both worlds. It would be better to do the almost exact opposite - be in the single market but *not* in a customs union... in the EFTA, ie the 'Norway model'.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 901
    jellyroll said:
    William Hill currently offering 3/1 on there being a general election this year. Seem quite generous odds to me..
    I very much doubt there'll be a general election this year. The Tories will stagger on day by day, week by week. The DUP will be bought off gain if needed, party and power always comes before country....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 15348
    Octafish said:
    jellyroll said:
    I very much doubt there'll be a general election this year. The Tories will stagger on day by day, week by week. The DUP will be bought off gain if needed, party and power always comes before country....
    May came out of the local elections OK. It will hinge on Brexit. Mogg has said if May doesn't tow a harder line and and his colleagues will vote against her.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!