Anyone do pedal repairs?

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7844
I’ve got a Wah that needs looking at, and a dead Durham Sex Drive.  Turns on, lights up, no sound

Anyone want to take them on?

Cheers

Marlin
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    If you can't find anyone local, try Martin Owen at http://www.owenelectronics.co.uk . If he's too busy or it's something with goop on the PCB (which I know he doesn't like working on) I would be willing to have a look.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    ^ Two thumbs up from me for ICBM above, who degooped my problematic pedal and got it going when others had passed on the job.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    Depends where you're based. I'd take any faulty pedals to Guitar Aid in West London.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Depends where you're based. I'd take any faulty pedals to Guitar Aid in West London.

Think they are quite backed up. Took them a couple months to fix a pedal of mine... seem like nice guys though & I had to send it back again as it was only half fixed....got there in the end.

As always I'd recommend Owen Electronics. Always been a quick turnaround for me & fare prices.

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    My Strymon Ola has packed up too so this is a useful thread!  Does Martin mend broken Strymons?
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    JD50 said:

Think they are quite backed up. Took them a couple months to fix a pedal of mine... seem like nice guys though & I had to send it back again as it was only half fixed....got there in the end.

As always I'd recommend Owen Electronics. Always been a quick turnaround for me & fare prices.

I haven’t had any pedals fixed there yet but they’ve done several jobs on my amp, modding it so the lead channel circuitry is silent, saving a second noise gate, and fixing a footswitch. Friendly service, Greg the owner is a nice guy and knows his shit. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    spirit7 said:
    My Strymon Ola has packed up too so this is a useful thread!  Does Martin mend broken Strymons?
    If no luck, try strymon themselves. Every customer experience with them I’ve seen has had good reviews
    The only easy day, was yesterday...