Best way to stack with Klone?

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Hi

I recently bought a RYRA Klone which I think sounds fantastic on pretty much any setting. I love it's clean boost capabilities as well as when the gain is turned up higher. Ideally I'd like to have the Klone set as a clean boost with the ability to up the gain in an instant with another pedal and achieve the sound of the Klone when the gain is turned up. Is there any way to do this? I've been around the houses with this idea and I recently bought a Seymour Duncan 805 due to the 3 band EQ to perform this function... but it just didn't sound right. Maybe I should opt for a second Klone? Maybe an overdrive with a flat EQ like the Barber Gain Changer? Or maybe a clean boost like the CAL Mk.4.23? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1553
    I always run a clone into another dirt pedal and always got great results.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I always run a clone into another dirt pedal and always got great results.
    This
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 456
    Hi

I recently bought a RYRA Klone which I think sounds fantastic on pretty much any setting. I love it's clean boost capabilities as well as when the gain is turned up higher. Ideally I'd like to have the Klone set as a clean boost with the ability to up the gain in an instant with another pedal and achieve the sound of the Klone when the gain is turned up. Is there any way to do this? I've been around the houses with this idea and I recently bought a Seymour Duncan 805 due to the 3 band EQ to perform this function... but it just didn't sound right. Maybe I should opt for a second Klone? Maybe an overdrive with a flat EQ like the Barber Gain Changer? Or maybe a clean boost like the CAL Mk.4.23? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Out of interest are you running the RYRA before/after your other drives? I had this when I first got mine. I’ve tried the RYRA in so many different combinations and have settled with it before other stuff. TBH though I’m still not so sure it likes being stacked with my other drives yet. Watched a few of the recent Brett Kingman RYRA demos and that’s helped to give me a few ideas on settings and guitar PU types
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Hi

Out of interest are you running the RYRA before/after your other drives? I had this when I first got mine. I’ve tried the RYRA in so many different combinations and have settled with it before other stuff. TBH though I’m still not so sure it likes being stacked with my other drives yet. Watched a few of the recent Brett Kingman RYRA demos and that’s helped to give me a few ideas on settings and guitar PU types
    I was putting it after my other drive as it sounded better that way when I had a barber direct drive (although still not great - very mid heavy). With the 805 it sounds a lot better first in the chain, with the 805 set to scooped mids, but still not sold on the combo yet. I'm considering using the Klone as an always on boost with a little bit of gain and then possibly using the Xotic RC Booster V2 to add 2 further gain stages, therefore I'd have clean-ish, crunch and lead tones.
  • Boosting a muff with the Klone was lovely.

I may or may not have paid a visit to NoTom today. And I may or may not have bought a silver one. I may or may not play it when I get home!

One thing is for sure, it may or may not work into the Kemper! Haha.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Boosting a muff with the Klone was lovely.

I may or may not have paid a visit to NoTom today. And I may or may not have bought a silver one. I may or may not play it when I get home!

Ha ha! Are you turning onto pedals again @Jonathanthomas83 ;
  • Boosting a muff with the Klone was lovely.

I hate myself already! Haha. Just giving things a bit of an experiment. Quite why I needed a very specific silver RYRA to do that, I don't know! ;-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272

We demand a full report!
    Nice one! You really can’t beat a RYRA especially after rewatching those Brett Kingman demos today... sounds bloody awesome... it’s currently my longest serving pedal

I hate myself already! Haha. Just giving things a bit of an experiment. Quite why I needed a very specific silver RYRA to do that, I don't know! ;-)
    Sounds great through this Kemper https://youtu.be/vi6lqaorwGo
  • Thanks guys, I'll report back, no probs. Sounds great in that video though! :-)

For some reason, either my batteries are dead, or the RYRA doesn't like 9v batteries. As I'm pedal-less and have been for over a year now, I don't have a power supply, so it'll have to wait until I go to get one tomorrow! I'm excited though!

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited May 2018
    Uh oh, it sounds good with the Kemper :-|

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited May 2018
    Uh oh, it sounds good with the Kemper :-|
    @Jonathanthomas83  Welcome back to the dark side! Can I sell you some pedals?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Haha, thanks mate :-)