Fender Mustang I V2 noisy

chrisoldroydchrisoldroyd Frets: 11
Just taken delivery of a mustang I v2 today and it’s making a strange high pitched whistle and hum before I plug anything in. Soon as I connect a guitar the high pitched sound gets much louder as does the hum and it’s unusable. While I play it sounds ok as it drowns out the noise but as soon as I stop it’s really uncomfortable.

I have switched guitars, cables and updated the firmware to 2.2 but no difference. Have I got a dud?

Tried all different presets too and the noise gets quieter on some but it’s still there and very noticeable. I have. Cheap Epiphone amp and that’s silent while I’m not playing so this can’t be right.

any ideas?

Thanks
Chris
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    If it was bought from a shop or Ebay, send it back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Agree with IC, they are virtually impossible to repair (switch mode power supply, SMT and DSP chip) - well for me anyway, and could be any one of them, so hopefully you can get a replacement or a refund. 
  • Well after a bit more testing it appears that my air conditioning compressor is causing the noise. When it’s off the amp is perfect, as soon as it starts up the noise and interference on the amp returns........