Sneaking Booze into a Festival

What's Hot
shaunyshaun1234shaunyshaun1234 Frets: 286
edited May 2018 in Off Topic
I'm going to a festival at the end of may and they allow booze into the camping area but not into the main arena.

as you are all aware, drink prices are extortionate and don't fancy spending a couple of hundred on beer for a three day event. 

The only drink you can take into the arena is a sealed bottle of water. 

Has anyone got any clever ways of sneaking it in bar throwing it over the fence to your mate! 

And no, I won't be smuggling it in my arse! 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    Camelbak.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5372
    My girlfriend wore a rainjacket through the gate. I had stashed a bag of wine in the hood and she had tightened the hood cords to hold it in.

Voila! Wine on tap and the envy of everyone standing around us!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Camelbak.
    I've already asked about that and they said that all water has to be in a sealed bottle. I might just tuck the tube in and hope they don't notice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    Hard these days because security is so tight. I have been at festivals with metal detectors and sniffer dogs.
    I would suggest sticking some vodka in an empty bottle of lemonade/water and carry that through but these days they probably would take the cap off you or something. 
  • Bluebeard said:
    Hard these days because security is so tight. I have been at festivals with metal detectors and sniffer dogs.
    I would suggest sticking some vodka in an empty bottle of lemonade/water and carry that through but these days they probably would take the cap off you or something. 
    I've just seen a vid on youtube showing how to get the lid off a bottle of water without breaking the seal! 

Last year, security were happy as long as the seal on the bottle was still intact.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4086
    I've been to some where you could cheerfully walk through security with a crate of beer and a kilo of coke for good luck, but others you'd struggle with a small hip flask.

Check it out when you get there I guess.
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    Find a festival that lets you take booze in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited May 2018
    Somewhat related story - when I went to the 1992 Reading Festival I tried to smuggle a big bottle of thunderbird and some cans of strongbow in (it was the 90s, I was young) in. Security found them, so I decided the sensible thing to do would be to down it all quickly, so as not to waste it - woke up 4 hours later in the hospital tent in 'soiled' clothes. So, er, dont do that
    32reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Can the sealed bottle be glass? A trick some bars do, or used to do, in Spain is drill a hole in the bottom, fill the "import" spirit bottle with the awful Spanish equivalent, and then plug the hole.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    edited May 2018
    You can get a tinny or a water bottle full of voddy+coke in your crotch. You have to take extra care not to walk like you've shit yourself though (or you could actually shit yourself to deter their suspicions about you having booze there). Water pouches or bags of booze can be easy to stash as well. Any more though and you risk getting it found in my experience.

Also try to go in the arena at busy times (i.e. when the bigger acts are due to start), the stewards don't have as much time to check so it's easier to get more in. I went to Kendal Calling last year and when it was busy their checks were either very lax or just non-existent.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    My method used to be to buy a box of wine. Cut the bladder/dispenser out and hide it in a kagoul. They are quite thin so you can tuck it between your arm and body inside your kagoul, easily sneaking it past security. 
    Quite a nice feeling turning the tap and guzzling wine on a nice sunny day. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• This may be the way around it!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2991
    edited May 2018

Take a baby. We take ours to Festival Number 6. Booze can be stashed in the pram under the padding and in the storage space hidden by nappies etc. Works everytime!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Suck off the securty guard.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Suck off the securty guard.
    He never normally lets me take booze in!! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Take some magic mushrooms, drop them before you get to the gate. You won't need booze.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Dress as a lady and stash it in your bra!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    edited May 2018
    Tummy
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    could you hide it in a false third leg?.