Quite intrigued by the Eminence GA-SC64 speaker

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 796
It seems like a very well suited speaker for Deluxe Reverb. I have a Cannabis Rex in there right now, but occasionally hanker after something similarly well balanced but with slightly more presence and lower efficiency, without being a Jensen C12N-alike, as I don’t like the beamy treble from the tiny voice coils they have. 

Someone mentioned them before on a previous thread I posted. Who’s tried them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Not tried one yet. I hear they sound great for blackface/silverface cuircuits but not as good for tweed. Lucky you have blackface so you might get on well with it.
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    I've tried the 12 in a Deluxe Reverb, very nice speaker. More presence than the C-Rex, a bit brighter but not quite Jensen bright. There's some treble roll off which gives it a really pleasing tone and it does great with OD pedals! 

I'm not sure it will be that much quieter than the C-Rex, it is quite loud, too loud for my purposes which is the only reason I sold it. They come up used now and again for around £50-£60, definitely worth a try ;-)
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 796
    Thanks for the info - I’ll keep an eye out a bit further down the line (impulse NGD having somewhat altered the financial outlook this weekend)