SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN--FS MARTIN 00028 (2016)

What's Hot
erky32erky32 Frets: 49
edited June 2018 in Acoustics £

Bought this beautiful guitar on here just before xmas, had it set up by a local luthiere for optimal action. Its in great condition, unchanged from the day I bought it, because I dont play it a lot, and it never leaves the house, because I use a Sigma for public playing (which is almost identical but lacks the Martin sound!). However I've just been tempted into buying a Taylor 12-fret as my house guitar, which pretty well means this Martin has got to go again! I would be happy just to recover my outlay on it, which was £1350 purchase & a further £50 luthiere fees, ie £1400. I'm willing to throw in the shipping (around £50) free, because I live in South of France, so that's my problem (in a way!!). Packing will be thorough, it will be in its Martin hard case, in a large box full of balloon bags etc, and the package will be insured.
The original thread is still on here with photos but I can post more if anybody is interested.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    Still here !
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    Bad luck living in the south of France old bean, terrible ordeal! ;)

Whereabouts are you, out of interest?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Ha! ....managing to survive down here ok, ...took a while to get into the life, but I'm retired so became my own personal  builder, plumber, sparky, roofer & pool installer, renovating my fortress for the last 15 years! I live about an 1 hr west of Toulouse in the Gers department, quite close to RichardJ who used to frequent this site.
    This Martin doesn't seem to be moving very quickly, abeit a great guitar in top condition, but I now prefer the Taylor 12-fret so I dont need to hold on to them both. I'm asking roughly half the new price, and I'll keep it before selling it cheap, but I'm just quizzed why it hasn't sold?? ....thanks for the bump anyway  =) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sometimes it's difficult to sell at half new price, maybe I should ask for more??
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Is this similar in spec to the Clapton one?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hi @Hattigol , I'm not fully aware of the difference apart from the neck, the standard is more "Fender" but with a flatter feeling fretboard - very comfy, if you know what I mean, the EC neck is like his sig' strat - both of which I couldn't live with! I think the woods are same (but I could be wrong) but theres more embellishment on the EC. To my ears, altho the two trials were longtime between, I couldnt remember any difference in sound. So, in conclusion, my opinion, very similar apart from the neck, the level of cosmetics, and , of course, the price.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    I think the only problem might be be is that most deals o here involve some form of horse-trading and perhaps your location makes that a bit trickier.
    Cheers @camf - although I bought off here, I'm realising that it was a mistake to advertise on here to resell because generally a guitar of this quality needs a sit down trial for both feel & sound, I took a chance & it worked for me (until I found the Taylor 12-fret!),- I only want to sell it for the right price to somebody I can see is delighted. For that reason I am going to withdraw it, possibly hold on to it.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    It's a lovely guitar. I'm sure it would be worth hanging onto if you can.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I have the Westside Custom version of this guitar. 
    I personally find it amazing. I wish I paid £1400 for mine!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.