Trio plus help

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954

was thinking' of buying a Trio plus for the house only, for practise I guess

I fancy using my FX board of delays verb and ODs with it though....so I would like to be able to play clean rhythm as my back ground loop but kick in the ODs for solos....what would I need to be able to set this up?

a mixer I hear you say...a 2nd amp......?

So I am looking for the unaffected backing track of rhythm guitar bass and drums c/w my solo tone of ODs /reverb / delay all through the practise amp...what do I need? is it doable?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Yep, that's how I use it. your clean signal goes into the pedal and then all effects go through the fx loop. You can then choose to record your guitar loop using any of your effects, e.g. delay, reverb, distortion, overdrive in any combination you want. Once you have that loop down, you can then play a lead track or further rhythm tracks again with any guitar or fx you want.

They are great things. I keep meaning to sell mine as I'm playing so much just now I don't really need or use it, but then I plug it again and realise it's a fab wee box and hang onto it. 
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 288
    You could try splitting the signal, with one line direct into a clean amp and other through your pedal board.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
    So don't need mixer or 2nd amp camf?
    tae be or not tae be
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    No. Although, a second amp or channel helps because you can split the bass and drums to one side and the guitar to the other and eq them differently, but I stopped bothering with that pretty quickly and just run it all through a clean amp and use pedals for distortion. I'm not at home or I'd go and check but from memory, that's how it works for me. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
    Thanks  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    I use mine with a single mini guitar amp....sounds like shit but good enough for practice.