Raise your glass

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
I kinda joined a Pink tribute  for s change of pace and I'm having some trouble with the first clean riff of Raise your glass.  In particular the first E shape chord in the riff that goes G, D, C, C, C, E, D, D.   None of the chords shapes are standard chords and I have the G C and D shape sorted but not the E.  The online tab I've found and the youtube tutorials aren't all consistent.  I wondered if anyone happened to know the correct shape of this mysterious E as Justin Derrico plays it. Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Just had a quick look at a live video and I think you could easily get away with playing just the octaves on the 5th and 3rd string for the Em chord.  That would certainly be easier! 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
    Yeah I figured I might have to do that.   My ears are telling me it that plus adding in 5th fret on 4th string and I can't readily finger that combo on a hurry.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31588
    I don't have a guitar handy but I'm hearing that as 12 10 12 12 x x 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Fans of Dire Straits might notice if something is played differently by a tribute band

I don't think that fans of Pink would have the slightest notion, so I wouldn't worry too much personally
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31588
    axisus said:
    Fans of Dire Straits might notice if something is played differently by a tribute band

I don't think that fans of Pink would have the slightest notion, so I wouldn't worry too much personally
    I've wis'd you because you're right, but that G chord with an E at the bottom adds a nice tension which isn't there if you just play an E.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
    I've been practising the aforementioned chord and I reckon I can play it now. Cheers