SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB bike for Dad ALL SORTED NOW THANKS

tugwellguitartugwellguitar Frets: 75
edited May 2018 in Misc £
Looking to go down Mountain bike route but open to advice guys,possible road bike.
He has been borrowing my GT Pantera Mountain bike,I need it back so I said I would buy him a replacement.

He is in his late 70's but very fit.

Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    If you want the capability of both, go for a CX bike. Perfect mix of road speed and off road toughness. 

I've had an Orange RX9s since 2015 and it's done way more miles than any of my other bikes because it's so versatile. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Brilliant,thanks for that ,I will check one out,really appreciate your help.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27944
    I have a 1993 Orange Clockwork that's surplus to requirements. Smallish frame (I'm 5'10", fits me nicely), with a load of upgrades including Hope hubs (in period-correct purple) and V-brakes.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/Orange/IMG_0267.JPG
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    I have a Specialized Crosstrail i'm about to list if of interest? it's pretty much spotless. Superb and very capable hybrid. only selling as my road bike takes all my time these days and I have another hack mtb for when the mood takes me. 

probably £180 ish?  drop me a p.M if you like 
  • All sorted thanks for help with this