SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Shergold Twin Neck Guitar 12 & 6 String

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
edited June 2018 in Guitars £

I’ve got this advertised on eBay for £700. It’s a beast of a thing, with unique sounds and it looks… very cool.

So what is it?

Its 1979 Shergold Custom Double – 12 string on top, 6 string on the bottom. And it has been modified – there’s an extra dimarzio between the original ReAn pickups, the 6-string bridge has been changed for a Badass, control/scratchplate has been changed, the switching has been simplified and its now wired for mono.  The switches control single coil-off-humbucker for each pickup, and the final one switches between the necks. The dimarzio is wired out of phase with the originals, giving some really unique sounds. Since buying it, I have replaced the volume pot with a 500k CTS job as the original was shot.

Much like Bernie Marsden’s twin neck, if you play on the six string with the 12 string neck’s pickups on you get those amazing ghostly sounds, you can’t get elsewhere. It plays PERFECTLY on both necks and isn’t as heavy as you’d expect. Put it another way, I can cope with it… and I have back issues.

It comes with the original hard case – which, to be honest, is a bit battered and has some hillbilly repairs. But hey, its nearly 40 years old and you look up how much a replacement would cost…

So why am I selling – simply, I really need the money. I’ve always wanted one of these and when I was offered this by the Harry Seven Home for Unwanted Oddball Guitars (cheers chap), I jumped at it… But it has to go – and swiftly. So I’m offering it on here, if someone can come and get it from me in Northants, pay cash within a week… its yours for £650.  £575

Any questions - please ask.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    does it djent?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    does it djent?
    Of course. Super deth gainz ftw!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

And of course, it has the H7 Seal of Approval (which must be worth at least half-a-groat in added value!) ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Oh my..... Always wanted one of these.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    impmann said:
    the Harry Seven Home for Unwanted Oddball Guitars
    I knew that had seen photographs of that guitar somewhere before. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    monofin said:
    Oh my..... Always wanted one of these.

Go on spoil yourself!

Biggaddy - biggaddy - bong

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    Ossum!
    Thanks chap... it is, and they ain't making any more of these!

However, it needs a new home. Anyone?

Bump

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    I learnt guitar on a white one lol - tutor was a collector!
    OK people... two things...

1) a very kind soul from the Shergold Forum has given me an original front scratch plate for this, which I will include. TBH, its a lot nicer looking than the white plate - if I were keeping it, I'd remake the 'electronics' plate to suit what is here (rather than the original switching, which was a head-fuck).
    2) I will entertain trades to get this moved... cash my way/cash your way, straight swaps... try me.

:-)

BTT

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Phwoar !!!!!!!!  Gabriel-era Genesis FTW !!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Oh yeah! :-) You can play Squonk on this and it sounds very authentic - although Rutherford mainly played his demountable version with 12string and bass necks.

Oh come on... you know you want it. Release your inner prog... or play the songs of the Clash in an irreverent style... or be unusual - attack it with a spoon whilst plugged into 23 MetalZones and an old record player. I don't fucking care, really...

Basically... anyone want a fabulous twin neck? Trades, p/ex's etc considered...

edited June 2018
    Blimey... tough crowd bump. Final price drop...

Car repairs money needed bump...

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Stuck it on ebay/reverb
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Stuck it on ebay/reverb
    Already on ebay... not keen on Reverb's policies.