New bridge

kinkin Frets: 586
   I bought an Ibanez RG 547 a couple of years ago, had it set up and while i like the guitar overall, i have decided i'm not keen on the Edge trem and locking nut.

    Is it possible to replace this with an evertune or other hardtail bridge ? I'm assuming that the cavity under the trem would need to be filled first and i'm not sure that it then would be strong enough ( the body is apparently light Ash .)

   I've a feeling your going to tell me i'd be better off leaving well alone and buying something else with features i want but i'm curious as to whether it can be done, i'd be giving it to a tech not trying it myself.


0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter


Sign In or Register to comment.