New JoBo signature Epiphones

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    He sets himself up for a bit of fun at his expense. 

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/products/red-es-back-scratcher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love the one on the right but if that's how the case comes then i would be put off. I think Joe Seems a good guy although i can't help but feel a little jealously over his collection.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    One word: Headstock  :s
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Don't really care if he uses them or not.
    I'm no JB's music fan but if he pushes a brand to make good guitars at good price I have zero problems with that.
    He did that with the Firebird I and I'm glad I got one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I misread the thread title as BoJo and for a split second thought why TF is the foreign secretary doing a signature guitar!

these Bonamassa semis do look pretty tasty but not the one on the left. Urgh!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Jimmie Vaughan uses his signature Gretsch's and Fenders. On the other hand Brad Paisley doesn't use his signature Fender, just wasn't the point of the guitar. 

I don't know where I'm going with this really other than adding to the above examples and that some Sig guitars are used by the artists and some aren't. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 475
    Jimmie Vaughan uses his signature Gretsch's and Fenders. On the other hand Brad Paisley doesn't use his signature Fender, just wasn't the point of the guitar. 

From the pictures on Brad Paisley's instagram, it looks like he does use his model for a few songs during his shows. The sig is based on an old refinished 60's tele (RW board). You can see him use his sig maple version in quite a few pics.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hattigol said:
    Thank god. A Bonamassa signature guitar! Why have they never thought of this before?!
    I thought what's Epiphone doing launching a Boris Johnson signature guitar .. he doesn't even know how to use a capo ... ;-)

Then I worked it out ... quite disappointing really.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    The one on the right looks a belter but i doubt youll see much change from a grand for these.......

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    edited May 2018
    Hattigol said:
    Thank god. A Bonamassa signature guitar! Why have they never thought of this before?!
    I thought what's Epiphone doing launching a Boris Johnson signature guitar .. he doesn't even know how to use a capo ... ;-)

It really says a lot about bojo that his left hand is behind the capo.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253

From the pictures on Brad Paisley's instagram, it looks like he does use his model for a few songs during his shows. The sig is based on an old refinished 60's tele (RW board). You can see him use his sig maple version in quite a few pics.
    I went to see Bernie Torme when he was endorsing Vintage guitars. He came on stage playing one and a bunch of photos were taken by official photographers. They buggered off and he played a Fender for the rest of the set. 

Brad uses a G bender a lot, I believe, which his signature model doesn’t have and at the release of his Fender he said something like they’d been made as a high quality beginners instrument. Probably good that he is playing one a bit but I suspect it might be a bit blink and you’ve missed it live. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DrJazzTap said:
    Hattigol said:

It really says a lot about bojo that his left hand is behind the capo.
    Probably still a better player than me
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    That Joe  bonosamossa fella is a stonking guitarist, a bit same old same old but fuck me if I could play at a fraction of his goodiness Id be happy as a tramp with a fresh bag of chips.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    I wouldnt want his name plastered all over my guitar though, cos Im not him.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    edited May 2018
    robgilmo said:

His signature guitars usually don't have his name. At least in the Firebird is just a little signature on the back of the headstock.

• carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    edited May 2018
    robgilmo said:
    Same reason I don't understand buying player shirts. My name is not Carlos Ronaldo and even if it was I wouldn't need a reminder on my back. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    It's just more merchandising for consumption by terminally gullible wannabes.

The only product I could imagine myself purchasing is this and a voodoo doll.
    Be seeing you.