Dame Tessa Jowell RIP

What's Hot
NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44098760

Not particularly music-related, I realise, but the woman who practically single-handedly brought the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics to London.

Thoughts with her loved ones.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Genuinely gutted about this!.
    Over the years I have taken her picture for various publications, she was always one of the more accessible and friendly mp’s and always up for a giggle!...

R.I.P Tess x x x
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
    I am genuinely sad at her passing, I met her once at a union conference, she was really nice and more importantly a very principaled and honest politician. Sad day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I am genuinely sad at her passing, I met her once at a union conference, she was really nice and more importantly a very principaled and honest politician. Sad day.
    +1. One of the few times I've ever felt really sad at the death of a politician. Regardless of party, as far as I can tell she was one of the more intelligent, more principled, harder-working members of parliament.

By championing the Olympic bid she made a real, positive difference to this country.

RIP

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I don’t know very much about her, MrsTheWeary was talking about her pushing through Sure Start as Tessa’s proudest achievement. A system designed to help some of the most vulnerable in our society and now being killed off by the Tories. She was also the minister  for the Olympics, certainly I thought it would be a great white elephant but it was a resounding success (I enjoyed my time at it if nothing else). 
    RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    edited May 2018
    A person of tremendous ‘heart’ - she came across as a highly intelligent and genuine person - politicians of her calibre are almost nonexistent now.  

I heard her interviewed on the Today Programme a few months ago and arrived at work very puffy-eyed. I only hope when I come close to the end that I face it with her bravery and a acceptance. A wonderful woman.

RIP indeed....
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Disgraceful behaviour today by Momentum thugs spoiling the Minutes Silence in her Memory apparently because worked with Blair on certain issues.
    Zeig Heil and carry on ....
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902

Really?  :o ... and not a mention of it on the beeb.

What utterly reprehensible people.