Thormann selling Digitech Ventura Vibe for £70

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
Was looking for one if these and found Thormann are currently selling the Ventura Vibe about half the cost of anyone else. 

https://m.thomann.de/gb/digitech_ventura_vibe.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5-TXBRCHARIsANLixNxpvoMtdVOyNF8rjZ7joBluSRUcO2NHVp-PxY8UX7SuRHGoez6mXsIaAge0EALw_wcB
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    For those that have never used or looked at Thomann...

It's €69 for the pedal (roughly £60) plus the €10 postage which becomes free postage once you hit €149.

I love my Ventura Vibe pedal...some great weird tones inside that thing and they usually sell for £60-70 2nd hand so that's a really good find.

I wonder if this is to do with the impending closure of Digitech? Could be the start of all the retailer selling off their Harmon/Digitech stocks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I took a look at some other DOD / Digitech pedals and they were not reduced - would snap up a Ruberneck if it were!

I would guess it's not a big mover compare to other DOD pedals and they are trying to shift a few. 
    I'm not sure there's much of a reason to sell all the Digitech stock asap just yet, but it seems a bit random to sell the Ventura with such a huge discount applied if it's not part of some clearance sale etc.

It's seems more of a clear the shelf-space kind of price but shelf-space is not something Thomann need to worry about. Their warehouse is absolutely huge...as in it's bigger than most villages and the Ventura comes in one of the smallest pedal boxes I've ever seen.

Definitely appears a bit weird to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Digitech have often done special offers for a short period although only usually in the USA. The Luxe went cheap for a few weeks here last year, the DOD Carcosa was going cheap in the USA earlier this year. So thomann having a special on the Ventura isn't necessarily odd or anything to do with the redundancies. Although that is particularly cheap so who knows. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited May 2018
    I'm sure they've had the Ventura at that price for a while. So did Hot Rox, but I thought when someone tried to order one a month or so ago, it turned out they had none in stock and were waiting for a shipment from the US?

edit - now £89 at Hot Rox, but says "please call" i.e we have none in stock.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6625
    It's a bloody excellent pedal for both univibe and leslie tones. A bargain at these prices. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    I've been looking at buying one of these for about 3 months, slightly confused why everyone buys them second hand on Fretboard when Thomann sells them for the same price.  But it's bad form to say that on a sales thread.  Anyway, I just snapped and ordered one and it worked out at £72.52.  As always it was Andy at ProGuitarShop who created the initial desire

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    They've been doing them at this price for some time, I bought mine from them at this price at least 6 months ago.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Is Thormann their Marvel themed Nordic sister company?
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    I bought one at this price a week or so back. Initially I was a little underwhelmed, but after playing with it a bit, I think it's great.

Just took me a while to realise how the mix and depth knobs interact with the Univibe tones. The vibrato mode was a welcome surprise. I didn't expect to like it, and it's great.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited May 2018
    Ordered ... at that price, impossible to resist! Another addition to my growing Digitech collection 
    Ordered mine last night and it has been dispatched already, so they are IN STOCK.
    Is Thormann their Marvel themed Nordic sister company?
    It's where MC Hammer buys all his gear.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Where would this go in the signal chain? 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Where would this go in the signal chain? 
    I run mine (and all univibes/modulation) early in the chain before drive. I find if I place it after drive the modulation is too grainy and lacks depth/thickness.

Aside from the usual Univibe/Rotary settings, a setting I like on this pedal is Vibrato with the speed at minimum, depth at 9 oclock and mix at maximum. Adds a very light and slow vibrato that's not that obvious, but adds space/depth to the sound, particularly clean sounds.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Is Thormann their Marvel themed Nordic sister company?
    I saw the Norse god of thunder,
    Riding on his favorite filly.
    "I'm Thor!" He cried, so I replied...
    "You forgot your thaddle, thilly"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited May 2018
    So far, so excellent. Really enjoying this pedal, all three modes. What a bargain it is. Thanks for the heads up @Fuengi ;
    So far, so excellent. Really enjoying this pedal, all three modes. What a bargain it is. Thanks for the heads up @Fuengi ;
    Very welcome. 

I've had about 30 minutes with mine, like the rotary setting so far. I've got a seems to me a slightly odd setup - the Ventura Verb first in the chain (after my tuner) and a Vibe O Verb last (after drive, delay and reverb) - buy it worked ok at home. 
    edited May 2018
    I might be stating the obvious here, chaps/chapesses, but dont forget to hold the footswitch down while playing for a little extra joy...can be great fun!
    Slimbert said:
    I might be stating the obvious here, chaps/chapesses, but dont forget to hold the footswitch down while playing for a little extra joy...can be great fun!
    Oh! Not got there yet. What happens?