A burst owner at 24!

What's Hot
So I saw this video yesterday and was a really good watch. Bernie seems a really top guy, Great jokes and a very warm character. Actually saw him at the auction in March but didn't have the balls to say hi. Anyways halfway through the video he announces this young guy on the stage who owns Bonamassa's old burst 'Spot'. Apparently he's only 24!. Jeez what a lucky guy. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I've been googling trying to work out how he got his money.

He's got an amazing collection including one of Gary Moore's strats - if anyone knows his background would love to know

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    Joe B is NOT gonna like that, kiddo. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • peteri said:

I've been googling trying to work out how he got his money.

He's got an amazing collection including one of Gary Moore's strats - if anyone knows his background would love to know

Nice detective work, I didn't get a chance to google him but would be interesting to know more.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14182
    tFB Trader
    I've done a couple of demo' with him over the years - very approachable guy - sticks to what he does best and doesn't try to be something he isn't - plenty of stories to tell if you let him - No hairs and grazes just a good guy who makes a good living doing what he likes and what many of us  would probably like
  • That's Matt from Paris.

Lovely fella, came to one of the Les Paul Forum UK meets that we threw together a couple of years ago.

I don't think this is his first 'Burst. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Lovely fella, came to one of the Les Paul Forum UK meets that we threw together a couple of years ago.

Yeah he seems very down to earth in the video. Theirs a few articles about his collection online - Looks amazing. 

Yeah he seems very down to earth in the video. Theirs a few articles about his collection online - Looks amazing. 
    A friend of mine introduced him to Arthur Ramm - long time owner of one of Kossoff's' Bursts ( now in America )  I'll see if I can find the video when he came over to play it...you can just see the joy on his face, he's a tasteful player too. 

A friend of mine introduced him to Arthur Ramm - long time owner of one of Kossoff's' Bursts ( now in America )  I'll see if I can find the video when he came over to play it...you can just see the joy on his face, he's a tasteful player too. 
    That would be awesome, Yeah he looked very shy playing with Bernie, Glad the guitar went to someone who will enjoy it ad hopefully show it. 
    Does Arthur Ramm still own the Kossoff's Bursts? 
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited May 2018
    That's Matt from Paris.

That would be awesome, Yeah he looked very shy playing with Bernie, Glad the guitar went to someone who will enjoy it ad hopefully show it. 
    Does Arthur Ramm still own the Kossoff's Bursts? 
    No, Arthur sold it late last year, it now resides in America in the hands of a really nice fella, and long time member of the LPF. 

I can't find the bloody video anywhere of Matt playing it...bear with me, it might involve sending a few e-mails. 

EDIT: GOT IT..see below.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fantastic Video! 

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    He's a dealer/collector....

https://reverb.com/uk/shop/matts-music-shop
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    "Fried Okra" has the Kossoff burst and some other beautiful vintage guitars. He's on Instagram etc.
  • Strat54 said:
    "Fried Okra" has the Kossoff burst and some other beautiful vintage guitars. He's on Instagram etc.
    What's his instagram? 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited May 2018 tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    What's his instagram? 
    fried_okra

Matt is a nice guy and yes, is a dealer/collector. He has some amazing guitars including Spot and Jeff Buckley’s Tele.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • miserneil said:
    Strat54 said:
    What's his instagram? 
    fried_okra :)

Thanks Neil, Good job the girlfriends out tonight, so i don't get caught perving over more guitars
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    Strat54 said:
    Love that black Barney Kessel
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    That's Matt from Paris.

I remember Arthur Ramm. He used to play with Beckett who I saw a few times back in the day. Great player and I recall his burst sounding particularly good.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    Now if only one of those videos didn't involve pentatonic scales being played to infinity, that would be something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

Would it be considered deliberately provocative/trolling to offer a (wholly negative) opinion at this juncture?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom