digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
edited May 2018 in Off Topic
Spoiler warning, obviously...

Have at it!
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788

No, all the cool kids saw it in the first few days, as they didnt want spoilers, so its old hat now... (at least that was what my 12 year old said so we had to take him to the cinema on the first weekend it was out).

Thanos did it....

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    OK, in that case, this is about to become the spoilers thread...
    <space for hire>
    edited May 2018
    Spoiler below (in case anyone's here by accident)...
    So...I just found something that makes the ending even more heartbreaking.  
    "Mr Stark, I don't feel so good" isn't the worst part.
    Groot's last line, to Rocket, translates to....
    "...Dad?"
    Even my eyes had a small leak at that one.

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 605
    Spoiler alert:

It sucked!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    I saw it on Sat, late viewing on the xplus screen. I bloody loved it! Got a bit bored with the Avengers movies but I thought it was superb. Improved by the guardian's.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Saw it last night. Loved it. Also didnt know (doh!) there is a sequel coming. Made the ending a bit interesting.
    The humour was spot on :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26943
    The fact they’re already making the next Black Panther and Spiderman (though they *could* go for Miles Morales that’s extremely unlikely)  suggests all will be fixed (or flipped - some or all of the old Avengers team sacrificing themselves to save the universe and the new guys? Though again I saw they’re doing a Black widow movie as well so presumably it’ll be Cap & Stark who die in A4

That said, the kids in the audience don’t understand about Hollywood movie development times so the were considerably more upset by the ending than I was!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    edited May 2018
    Should have cut Thamos' hand (or head) off instead of trying to wrestle a big glove from him. Comic book movies eh. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7842
    Took family to see it the first weekend. Went with brother in laws family. 

The young ones fell asleep, and the women hated it. Moaned like hell afterward, so much so that they sucked the fun out of it. 

Dr Strange said he saw millions of eventual outcomes from parallel universes, only one worked out well.  So, that’s the one that is playing out. 

Obviously, the good guys win in the end, they’re not going to kill off their best cash cows!

Film was a bit gloomy. The new guy playing Red Skull isn’t a patch on Hugo Weaving. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Should have cut Thamos' hand (or head) off instead of trying to wrestle a big glove from him. Comic book movies eh. 
    They covered that when Loki tried to stab him, wielding the "power stone" apparently protects him from any serious physical harm.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Also no spoilers, but Infinity War is comfortably superior to Deadpool 2.
    They covered that when Loki tried to stab him, wielding the "power stone" apparently protects him from any serious physical harm.
    Didn't work that way at the end, though, when Thor went at him.
    <space for hire>
    The other problem, of course, is that Thanos went to all this effort without even a cursory thought towards the problem he was trying to solve. Look at our population - we've gone from 3.6bn people to 7.2bn in less than 50 years, which you have to assume would be representative of any sufficiently-developed civilisation. All his plan to save the universe achieved was to buy it an extra half-century or so. He'd have been better off cutting birth rates (although I'll grant you that doesn't make such a big headline for a film).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7842
    The other problem, of course, is that Thanos went to all this effort without even a cursory thought towards the problem he was trying to solve. Look at our population - we've gone from 3.6bn people to 7.2bn in less than 50 years, which you have to assume would be representative of any sufficiently-developed civilisation. All his plan to save the universe achieved was to buy it an extra half-century or so. He'd have been better off cutting birth rates (although I'll grant you that doesn't make such a big headline for a film).
    If he does it on a regular basis, would achieve desired effect. 
    Didn't work that way at the end, though, when Thor went at him.
    Well Thor had the magic axe.  Also Iron Man's entire repertoire forced a small cut.  So he's not invulnerable, but sufficient coverage in the plot to make yanking the glove off believably easier than chopping off his arm.  They did almost manage it as well, even if Dr Strange already knew it wouldn't work...
  • rprrpr Frets: 309
    I felt kinda sorry for the Wakandian people - They open their country up to the rest of the world and the first visitors are : a Witch, an Android, a Norse god with a talking raccoon and a walking talking tree, two flying blokes, a big purple geezer and several thousand alien soldiers.....then half the population disappear.
    rpr said:
    I felt kinda sorry for the Wakandian people - They open their country up to the rest of the world and the first visitors are : a Witch, an Android, a Norse god with a talking raccoon and a walking talking tree, two flying blokes, a big purple geezer and several thousand alien soldiers.....then half the population disappear.
    Yeah but they looked so f**king cool though, Black Panther was a damn good movie as well.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7411
    TheMarlin said:

Dr Strange said he saw millions of eventual outcomes from parallel universes, only one worked out well.  So, that’s the one that is playing out. 

That
    Red ones are better. 
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Oooh Oooh Oooh! I know the answer! It's one day! 
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    rpr said:
    The alien soldiers were symbiotes like the famous spiderman villain, venom! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom