Arpeggios from hell cover from sunny wordsley England

What's Hot
hi guys new to the so thought I would post my cover here it is arpeggios from hell by yngwie 

https://youtu.be/HXu08kwx5u0

I also did did a cover of far beyond the sun enjoy if you choose to watch any feedback is most welcome 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited May 2018
    Welcome bud, I would say working your technique here is paramount, it's not fluid and sounds messy,  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Welcome 

My eldest son was born in Wordsley hospital. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    welcome mate.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4093
    Sounds just like Yngwie.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sounds just like Yngwie.
    What, Yngwie has a Brummie accent?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Fair dues for posting a video on here mate.  

I would say work on your muting of unplayed strings and try to get the notes that you're playing "programmed" under your fingers before you speed it up any.  Maybe work on making sure your bends are in tune too.  
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited May 2018
    ...if you choose to watch any feedback is most welcome 
    Watched a bit of both. 
    My opinion is that you're attempting to play pieces beyond your technical ability.  Way beyond!  Which is no crime because Yngwie's stuff is way beyond most people because of its technical nature. 
    The problem with trying to play stuff beyond one's ability is that it sounds unmusical and sloppy. 
    I do not play this kind of material so I'll leave it to others to explain how to do the technical stuff. 
    For posting the video, fair enough, it can take confidence to put your work up for scrutiny.
    How it sounds:  You've got lots of messy tremolo picking and the arpeggios lack clarity and precision.  My 2p's is that as your technique improves you'll look back at these vids and hear what I mean. 
    My experience of these internet thingys though is that pointing to the elephant in the room often makes no difference, but there you go, you asked nicely for feedback and I've pointed to the elephant anyway!
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

I spent far too long trying to sweep pick and whilst I ultimately gave up as it didn't fit in with the band I play in (but throwing in the occasional string skipping arpeggio is fun); things I did to try and clean up my technique, which is my ultimate critique of your video - it's a bit messy - is to slow down.

Going deeper slow down, unplug the amp; or at least dial down the drive as this will make sure you have to play cleanly, learn a couple of patterns and move them around the neck to get a 'feel' for what you're trying to achieve.

I'm sure JustinGuitar has a section on sweep picking, and there are numerous youtube tutorials

Hats off though for having the balls to try an Yngwie tune - and keep practicing and you'll meet your musical goals.........just don't listen to Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker!!!

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    David5150 said:

I'm sure JustinGuitar has a section on sweep picking, and there are numerous youtube tutorials

Justin has this: But he freely admits that he's not that sort of player, and recommends Martin Goulding for tuition on "shred technique", as I'm doing here: http://martingoulding.com/lessons/sweeping/