Different Amp ....Different day ????

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16012
Actually NO...........same amp ,same guitar, same lead etc etc but  different day !
Anybody ever found that exactly the same set-up can change in tone overnight  ie ...the sound coming out the amp is very different on some days ?
Maybe it's just the flavour of the Electric round here .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Change in humidity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    This is just the guitar equivalent of the notorious Yanny/Laurel auditory illusion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    It usually depends on how much ive had to drink.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mistercharliemistercharlie Frets: 333
    I find the same. Some days my amp buzzes, too, when usually it’s silent. I now wait for a day before troubleshooting, and it usually goes. I figure a neighbor has some badly-made appliance they use occasionally.

Or it’s just gremlins.  
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Yes......the buzzing ;exactly the same ....some days buzz others no buzz also get a bit of shipping forecast from time to time (or some kind of radio ) .I think I will write a song " Finnistere strong to force 7 , Atlantic Byte mild " ....work with what you've got and all that !
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 563
    I get that too. I think mood and what I play are a big part.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    What....of the shipping forecast ?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    I've noticed this, and even when I'm using my Amplifire so digital and valve, and the presets are the damn same. Would love to know what causes this!!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• On a seriousness note I find tiredness has a major impact on how I perceive my tone and my playing. Get more sleep!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    imponderables is what makes our obsession unending...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Yes......the buzzing ;exactly the same ....some days buzz others no buzz also get a bit of shipping forecast from time to time (or some kind of radio ) .I think I will write a song " Finnistere strong to force 7 , Atlantic Byte mild " ....work with what you've got and all that !
    Can tell you've not studied the shipping forecast much!!
    Not since the days of Captain Birdseye
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    For some reason I find if I play a 100 watt full stack at high volume in a small room for several hours, when I go to play the next day even though the settings are the same there's a lot of high end missing from the tone and a mysterious sort of ringing noise that I would swear even persists after I've switched off the amp and stopped playing.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    It's a phenomena that's real but defies rationale. Some days I'll plug in and my tone sounds great. But there are days it's meh. Climate, temperature, humidity, mood ... whatever it is we all get it sometimes. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    prlgmnr said:
    For some reason I find if I play a 100 watt full stack at high volume in a small room for several hours, when I go to play the next day even though the settings are the same there's a lot of high end missing from the tone and a mysterious sort of ringing noise that I would swear even persists after I've switched off the amp and stopped playing.
    Some years ago I had a band ask me to look at their PA head, which wasn't sounding as loud as it used to when they bought it. I tested it and measured it - it was working fine. Thinking it might be the speakers, I went up to their practice room with them to check those too, since that was easier than bringing the cabs to my workshop. These checked out fine too. So I asked them to demonstrate the problem...

I really should have noticed the full 100W Marshall stack, some sort of giant bass rig and double-kick-drum kit before they started playing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    Hearing is greatly influenced by context and mental state. It's pretty fascinating.
  • Yep, nowt to do with gear, more to do with ear!!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Its a real phenomenon all right, but itsbloody annoying when last night's beautiful sound has become this morning's dull lifeless tone...
  • I get this all the time. Fortunately I use a Kemper so if something isn't working, I switch to a different profile. The strange thing for me is how I usually switch between two main profiles...one day a Dual Rec profile sounds like the bollocks but the next it sounds like turd, so I switch to a Mark V profile and all is right with the world. The next day, I'll likely switch back for the same reasons.

"Cool story, bro."
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922