eBay: Unbelievable that this actually has a bid!

What's Hot
Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vox-amp-and-cab-spares/273212649446

I have piles of shit like that in my garage. Time to cash in!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    That's my listing. What's so unbelievable?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Wait... you're the guy who was selling 'fake' Monty's?

And to answer your question, it's because it's a pile of old screws and washers with a bid of nearly £100 on it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    From memory, the chrome handwheel from the tilt stand could be worth a fair fraction of that.

Even if not, getting the correct nuts and bolts for restoring an old Vox isn't quite as easy as you'd think - and it does matter if you're trying to put one back to as close to original as possible to maximise its value.

Don't get me wrong, I would not pay that sort of money - but I know people who would.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    ICBM said:
    Don't get me wrong, I would not pay that sort of money - but I know people who would.
    I would pay that sort of money - just not that amount....
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3443
    Now if those were Peavey bits Id understand.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I believe the usual response here is that @HarrySeven has spent more for less...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Simon_M said:
    Wait... you're the guy who was selling 'fake' Monty's?

Yo!  Any chance of a BIN price for that genuine Terry Morgan fake pickguard then? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    HarrySeven has spent less for more.
    FTFY
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3126
    If collectors weren’t so anal about all original and vintage perfect then this sort of bonkers wouldn’t be viable. But when the wrong knob on a piece of kit knocks thousands off the value of something you really do get what you reap! I blame the fact that certain people have so much disposable income and have lost touch with reality that such bollocks happens
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    I recently paid £16 for a space echo knob, which is still nothing vs pre vintage fender knobs. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom