Just one more . . .

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7757

We all know this is a lie ;) but I'm pretty sure that right now I only need one more pedal, either a Mad Doctor Stutter or a Boss Slicer - unless anyone knows of another pedal which will chop up a drone signal.

It won't stop me buying other pedals, which @VJIves will be pleased to hear, but in terms of something which will add something that I don't currently have, I'm not sure there's anything out there that does something that I can't get close to, other than those two.
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    the slicer is a wonderful thing. 
    Its a bit big but its cool as. 

The M5 can do a similar thing too with its pattern tremolo 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Slicer is a brilliant pedal. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    The Slicer is cool but I found it got old really quickly. The sound has a synthetic quality that was wearing after a while. Stimulating pedal to play around with though. It’s been a while but... would it work with drone like sounds? I seem to recall it needed staccato style notes to work best.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    The stutter effect on the Mooer Mod Factory is supposed to be good if you fancied going cheaper/ smaller on this. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7757
    The stutter effect on the Mooer Mod Factory is supposed to be good if you fancied going cheaper/ smaller on this. 

Thanks for that, it might be worth a try at that price - space isn't a problem.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    The Zoom multistomps have a slicer built in...
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    +1 for the Zoom Multistomp - it doesn't matter whether you buy the 50 or the 70 version either as the patch software updates are available for both. I use mine for the Slicer and Bitcrush settings, along with some reverse recerb. Genuinely good bit of kit which gets full use in my band. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14415
    JezWynd said:
    Slicer ... would it work with drone like sounds? 
    Yes. It just gates them. (The clue is in the name, folks!)

EHX RTG > EHX Pitch Fork > BOSS Slicer = self-playing step sequencer burbling sounds à la Jean Michel Jarre.

Add a wah filter and you can make Pink Floyd VSC3 style effects. 

The Slicer can be synchronised to the tempo of your DAW software music project. The EHX RTG cannot. No points for guessing that this is where things get interesting, if slightly odd. Luckily, the Slicer has its own loop recording capability.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.