Yamaha silent guitar versions?

What's Hot
streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
im looking at the nylon models. Early versions are cheaper, but is the current blend electronics worth paying the extra? Not a big piezo fan. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the SLG-200N and the SLG-200s, the blend electronics are great... I must say I'm not a fan of the onboard chorus on the nylon string version. I also haven't owned the previous models. All I can say is that they sound and play great! Everyone who hears the nylon prefers it to the steel too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    I have the SLG-200N and the SLG-200s, the blend electronics are great... I must say I'm not a fan of the onboard chorus on the nylon string version. I also haven't owned the previous models. All I can say is that they sound and play great! Everyone who hears the nylon prefers it to the steel too. 
    Good to hear!

Do you ever play it through your pc/ipad, any recommendations for devices and accessories?
  • I don’t but I have used a line6 sonic port in the past. Never had any issues with that for a simple open mic/jam night rig. I see they now have a sonic port with a built in mic. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    I nearly bought one last year, when I played the newer models...

Really liked the sound, especially through headphones. The blend was excellent.

Ultimately, I didnt buy one as I played a £500 Sigma which sounded good too !
    But for quiet playing, restricted space etc they are very good indeed.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

I had the last generation and it was great.  May get another at some point.

I would imagine the blend in the newer ones takes then to the next level.  The older ones sound good, but it's a basic piezo plus reverb sound.

• I nearly bought one last year, when I played the newer models...

Really liked the sound, especially through headphones. The blend was excellent.

Ultimately, I didnt buy one as I played a £500 Sigma which sounded good too !
    But for quiet playing, restricted space etc they are very good indeed.
    Couldn’t agree more... through headphones they sound phenomenal! Also, the fact that I can fit 2 of these into the car where 1 acoustic would fit is a real bonus. The fact that you can run an MP3 player into it as well is great...