SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 2004 Gibson SG Classic Guitar Center Special Exclusive £550

What's Hot
rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
edited June 2018 in Guitars £
Hi all, 

Listing this for our bass player who is skint because he keeps spending all his money on his unbelievably hot greek girlfriend. She's a really nice person as well. He's done so well. 

2004 Gibson SG Classic and this one was a limited run for Guitar Center. I'll get the full story tonight but as I understand it, there were some subtle differences with this one before they changed things. I seem to remember something about it becoming the Pete Townshend model after. 

Condition is ok. Finish is lovely with some dings here and there. Comes with the gig bag of course. I'm not an SG fan myself but I will say this, it has to be the most resonant Gibson I've ever played. It's so loud acoustically. Really lovely. 

He's after £550. I realise a regular SG Classic goes for a bit less on the used market but they're £1199 now so maybe about right? I don't know anything about these. Maybe someone here does and can enlighten me. Serial number is 03024340 if you'd like to have a look. I'd like to get him as much as possible of course. Lovely chap. 

https://imgur.com/a/buJBYU4

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    The PT model predates this by a few years so I doubt it’s anything to do with that guitar. Can’t help beyond that except to say unless it has a higher spec than a production classic the price is probably ‘optomistic’.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Even some poor pictures (of the guitar not the wife!) would help. I’m *presuming* cherry and P90’s bit I could be wide of mark? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Pictures of Hot Greek Girlfriend would be better
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    £500 to £650 is more realistic....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    skint bass player ... unbelievably hot greek girlfriend
    Until his money dries up completely.
    Be seeing you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Pics up and price drop bump. 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I’ve got one in black (late 90s, if memory serves) admittedly not in as nice condition as that. Hiscox case. Lovely guitars. 550, mine was..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Another price drop bump. Now includes a Gator SG hardcase he's fished out. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Final price drop bump. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    rossyamaha said:i
    Hi all, 

Listing this for our bass player who is skint because he keeps spending all his money on his unbelievably hot greek girlfriend. She's a really nice person as well. He's done so well. 

2004 Gibson SG Classic and this one was a limited run for Guitar Center. I'll get the full story tonight but as I understand it, there were some subtle differences with this one before they changed things. I seem to remember something about it becoming the Pete Townshend model after. 

Condition is ok. Finish is lovely with some dings here and there. Comes with the gig bag of course. I'm not an SG fan myself but I will say this, it has to be the most resonant Gibson I've ever played. It's so loud acoustically. Really lovely. 

He's after £550. I realise a regular SG Classic goes for a bit less on the used market but they're £1199 now so maybe about right? I don't know anything about these. Maybe someone here does and can enlighten me. Serial number is 03024340 if you'd like to have a look. I'd like to get him as much as possible of course. Lovely chap. 

https://imgur.com/a/buJBYU4

Can you post some pics please....

.....not of the guitar but of the unbelievably hot Greek girlfriend!  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. 

Can't seem to convince him to let you have pics of his girlfriend. I realise this could be a deal breaker. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    This SG is now in my sweaty hands. And I'm a very happy man. Jesus Christ WHAT a guitar. Thanks to you and your mate, Ross. Love the Bad News tour bus ;)