Jet City owners: compatible effects

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
edited August 2013 in Amps
Just found a cracking list of effects which are compatible with the JCA50H/100H effects loop:

If you can't be bothered to click the link, here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Modulation:
Eventide Mod Factor
Eventide Pitch Factor
TC Nova Modulator
TC Vortex Flanger
TC Shaker Vibrato
TC Corona Chorus
TC SCF Stereo Chorus Flanger

Delay:
Hardwire Delay
TC Nova Delay
TC Nova Repeater Delay
TC Flashback
Boss DD-20
Tech 21 D.L.A/boost
Eventide Time Factor

Reverb:
Hardwire Reverb
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Blue Sky Reverb
TC Nova Reverb 
Eventide Space
Tech 21 RVB

Floor Multi effects:
TC Nova System
Line 6 M9
Boss GT8
Zoom G3
Vox Tonelab LE (thanks, Promit)

Volume Pedals:
EB VP Jr (for passive pickups)
Boss FV300L

EQ:
MXR 10-band
Boss GE-7

Loop Level Stuff:
Ebtech Line Level Shifter (streets for $75.99, according to racerevelon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting that both the M9 and G3 are on there, despite being instrument-level-only. I may have to try one...the G3 is certainly on my list of stuff which would be very handy.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    Interesting that both the M9 and G3 are on there, despite being instrument-level-only. I may have to try one...the G3 is certainly on my list of stuff which would be very handy.
    Just remember not to engage any overdrive/distortion/fuzz, and possibly not amp simulators. Not that you'd want to probably, but it would be quite easy to by mistake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    ICBM said:
    Just remember not to engage any overdrive/distortion/fuzz, and possibly not amp simulators. Not that you'd want to probably, but it would be quite easy to by mistake.
    Yup...clean your patches beforehand :)

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the Ebtech shifter darkens the tone quite considerably...the jury's still out on the Morley shifter unit.

I do wonder if the guy who tested the G3 did so with a JCA22H, actually - the loop in that amp is very different to the 50H and 100H (it appears after the master volumes, as opposed to between the 4th gain stage and the tone stack in the others).
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    If you are going to GAS Fest East I can bring my G3. 

Was watching the Living Colour rig rundown and Vernon Reid uses one!
    If you are going to GAS Fest East I can bring my G3. 

Was watching the Living Colour rig rundown and Vernon Reid uses one!
    Sadly, I don't think I'm going to make it :(

Michael Wilton (Queensryche) is now using a G5 into his Krank amps for live shows...
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    It's crazy that something so cheap is getting used by so many pros. 
    I know...if only the G5 had a loop and MIDI, it'd be unstoppable. Unfortunately, they seem to reserve those features only for the ancient G9.2tt - and I have absolutely no clue why.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Yes the G5 not having a loop is mental. Without that it really doesn't offer anything over and above the G3. 
    The G3 can already do 6 FX at a time and I don't really need more than that. 
    The G5 may have a weird expression pedal, but I'd rather use a decent external one with the G3 and the "Tube booster" thing is useless because you'd want it into the amp front with the mods in the loop. 
    Yes the G5 not having a loop is mental. Without that it really doesn't offer anything over and above the G3. 
    The G3 can already do 6 FX at a time and I don't really need more than that. 
    The G5 may have a weird expression pedal, but I'd rather use a decent external one with the G3 and the "Tube booster" thing is useless because you'd want it into the amp front with the mods in the loop. 
    ...and the G3X has an expression pedal anyway (albeit not the Z-pedal, which I never found useful on the G9).
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    edited August 2013
    I'm using a B3 for bass - I picked it up because it was cheap and I thought it might be fun to play around with some of the more wacky effects at home, and because it has amp simulation it was something I could DI at acoustic-type gigs... but it's so good I seriously can't see myself replacing it with a 'proper' pedalboard now I'm back in a rock band with a real amp.

It's not that surprising that it's being used by pros, really - remember in the 80s Tube Screamers were a cheap pedal and a lot of great players used them. I just wish I'd bought and kept all the original TS808s and TS9s I saw going for £15 to £25 back then...!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2348
    Nice

I wonder if the digidelay is ok, since the hardwire is. It won't hurt to try it, right?
    Dave_Mc said:
    Nice

I wonder if the digidelay is ok, since the hardwire is. It won't hurt to try it, right?
    It'd probably be rude not to ;)
    <space for hire>
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    If you don't fancy buying a G3 to try it, my brother-in-law is in Deeping St James, and we go up pretty regularly, so I could bring it with me and swing to yours for half hour whilst I'm there for a quick play?
    If you don't fancy buying a G3 to try it, my brother-in-law is in Deeping St James, and we go up pretty regularly, so I could bring it with me and swing to yours for half hour whilst I'm there for a quick play?
    Mate, that'd be awesome :) PM me when you're likely to be around, and we'll sort out the details. That's got to at least be worth a cup of tea...
    <space for hire>
    Dave_Mc said:
    Nice

It'd probably be rude not to ;)
    LOL

I'll give it a shot when I get round to it- as long as someone can confirm it won't actually damage the pedal (or the amp!)
    tFB Trader
    I'm pretty sure it won't 

The worst it will do is clip.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks

Now I gotta see if I have long enough leads to read its fx loop >:D<   Never actually got as far as trying its loop yet :))