Help me find an amp similar to...

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
My Savage Rohr 15. Bought it second hand from Charlie Chandler’s and it’s just superb. I want another similar amp but they are like hen’s teeth over here... anyone able to give me options based on it’s spec? http://www.savageamps.com/the-amps/rohr-15 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    What does it sound like? if you want an amp that sounds the same/similar it needs to be cloned or get a real one.

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    I’m relatively uneducated re amps, think it’s a marshall/vox/hiwatt vibe but was hoping someone out there might know if it’s a direct clone of something. 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I’m relatively uneducated re amps, think it’s a marshall/vox/hiwatt vibe but was hoping someone out there might know if it’s a direct clone of something. 

I haven't played one, but listening to it on Youtube, I'd try a Vox AC15. It doesn't sound exactly the same, but I think that will be closest in terms of production amps.
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Might be worth listening  to demos of laney lionheart amps too. Im hearing a bit of that character  when listening to a couple of the youtube rohr samples. 
    It sounds to me like a really rich sounding marshall but with a hint of vox chime if that helps. Will try out an AC15
    kreggs said:
    Might be worth listening  to demos of laney lionheart amps too. Im hearing a bit of that character  when listening to a couple of the youtube rohr samples. 
    Thanks, will check these out too
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited May 2018
    Look for old crate vintage Club 30 maybe.  Dirt channel is almost identical to a Marshall pre and power amp is almost identical to AC30 and although its its own sound its got a lot of qualities of clips of the amp you have seem to show.  + they are cheap as chips (if you ever use clean the clean channel is very close to a fender twin in design and sound quality too).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26926
    If you want a halfway between Marshall and Vox then I agree with @kreggs that Laney is a good place to start. Either the Lionhearts or VC series, depending on budget and taste.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Budda SuperDrive 
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    edited May 2018
    If you want a halfway between Marshall and Vox then I agree with @kreggs that Laney is a good place to start. Either the Lionhearts or VC series, depending on budget and taste.
    yes from the videos sounds a lot like my laney vc30